Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] No audio at all (OSX)

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by that_shawn_guy, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

04/07/2018 21:31
    Title: No audio at all
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Even with all sliders to max, no sound. I've tried a "reset to defaults", remove preference files, and a complete reinstall. Still no sound

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6920HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 460 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.OSX.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (132.1, 42.2, -54.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KDEzMi4xMzYsIDQyLjE5OSwgLTU0KXwoMCwgLTAuNzgyLCAwLCAwLjYyMyl8MjU3LjA4Njl8MTB8MTg=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We do test audio on a mac on a daily basis, and it continues to work. We have other people on macs with sound as well. Something is really wrong here...
    Have you checked into your audio device, checking system preferences?
    I assume you are hearing music in other software applications and games?
    Do you have another unity based game you can start up and check with?

When did you first lose sound, is there anything you can remember that could possibly be connected?
    Have you tried with and without headphones?
    I'm sorry you are having problems, and I'm happy to hear that you are attempting troubleshooting steps to make it work again.
    @that_shawn_guy

3. that_shawn_guy

@Lexie, yep. Checked everything you listed and updated some audio software (Loopback & Audio Hijack). Everything else works from any audio device except the game.

I normally play with the sound off or extremely low and generally only have the audio up for recordings or streams. So, I can't be sure exactly when it stopped working. The last time I know for sure it was working was about 1 week before the R52.

I've tried a complete reinstall. Including removing the config files (at least the ones I could find) and the reset to default from options menu.

I don't see any other complaints and think this is like a "just me" issue. Feel free to close this out. I don't know of any other Unity games I could try. Any suggestions? If you can think of anything way I can generate debug logs, or something else I can try, let me know.

Thanks

4. that_shawn_guy

@Lexie, I think this might be somehow related to another bug I reported about audio.

If I switch audio devices while the game is running, the game audio ignores the setting of the sliders and just go to max volume. I reported this some months ago.

I think it may be related because I just found a single audio device, when set at the system default, that will give me game sounds. If I change my default audio device to anything else, I get no game audio.

5. that_shawn_guy

@Lexie i don't fully understand it. but, problem fixed.

Logging in on one of my alt accounts (completely separate account) must have reset something.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.