Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed] NPC Pet Menu

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Cypher Black, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

11/11/2016 3:30 AM
    Title: Can't access pet menu
    Reproduction Rate: Varies
    Blocker? No
    Details: It seems if the pets name is showing, it operates normally and I can interact with it and get both context menus (follow, rename, etc. and the permissions menu) but if the name does not show, all I can access is the permissions menu. What is strange is that when I as on a few hours ago, the same thing happened, but with different pets.
    Steps to Reproduce: If pet has no name, you cant access the 'follow, teleport, rename..' menu. If there is name, then both menus are available
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16293
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.415.Date.11.10.16
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc
    Area Display Name: Whyte Roc
    Loc: (281.7, 43.5, 450.9)

[​IMG]

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Can you show me an example or what you mean by "showing their name"? :)

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Ok. See how Peters Name is visible above him? I can call up his context menu and manipulate him. Beside him is Tabitha. But no name, so I can only bring up the permissions menu. When I first put this in a few hours ago, it was 'mini-me' he small automatron that had no name. Now, in this scene, he is back to normal and it is Tabitha that I cannot manipulate.

[​IMG]

4. Attenwood

The issue here is between right clicking on the invisible placement square of the NPC. It will stay on the ground at the location they spawned. That's where you will acquire the permissions window. Right clicking on the NPC themselves will bring up the context window. it's possible the NPCs without nam,es just haven't loaded in properly yet.

5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Yes. I have no problem getting the permissions window, but if the NPC is nameless, I cannot get the context window. I just went back to the house and now its the mini-me automaton that does not have a name and cannot be accessed.

6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Ok. I picked up some pets, put down some others and ended up with three that had no names and could not be interacted with. So I left the scene, and when I came back, once again I could interact with four out of five of the pets.

7. Attenwood

We're observing what looks like long delays in fully loading NPCs on lots. Bug submitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.