Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] possible bug in my house (and I don't mean cockroaches)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Hsitirb, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I've got a Gothic inn located in Isle de Muerta. Counting ground floor as floor 0 I tried to place a bed on the 1st floor (up the stairs and all the way down the hall to the last door on the left). Outside facing the house it would be the 1st floor, front right room. The game wouldn't let me place the bed against the outside front wall but could place it against the back wall in the room. While in the room I walked towards the front of the house (Right side of the room as you enter). I got to a point where I couldn't move and had to use the /stuck command. Before I used that command I picked up the bed so the room was empty (ie nothing blocking my path). After I was unstuck I returned to the room and again got stuck. Haven't been in all the rooms yet so don't know if it's a problem elsewhere.
    Or maybe my house is haunted and needs to eat souls and I was lucky to have escaped.

2. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Update: further exploring the house it appears the "trap" occurs only on the 1st floor (2nd & 3rd I'm free to move about) and to be more precise I think it may occur just above the front porch.
    While entering the other rooms I saw tree branches coming through the wall on the 3rd floor.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ya know I thought I already did the trees near houses.. I will go look.. maybe a new tree grew when i wasnt looking

5. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I assume since it's your POT the tree issue falls to you. What about the second story issue where I can't place anything over the porch and if I walk there I get stuck??? Who do I ask for help???

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You should post the /bug info and maybe some pics, I had a quick walk round and didnt seem to get stuck in your house

7. Alley Oop

the house issue could be a house issue or a tree issue, and it's hard to tell which. liz is in charge of the trees there, but if it's still a problem then it is really a problem with the house, in which case this bug report is the right place to have put it.

8. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Up date - after reading your post Lana I went back and placed a bed in each room on the 1st floor and placed it as close to the front of the house as possible. If I went any further toward the front of the house the bed turns red (meaning the game won't allow me to place it there). An odd observation while experimenting is the table in the hall - I could push it all the way to the front wall in the hall as well as both rooms. Don't know why it places but the beds don't. As for getting "stuck" If I try walking past where the beds are that is where I get stuck. When I'm stuck it's not like I'm behind and invisible wall either - I can't move any direction. Hope that helps.
    Also, the tree issue on the 3rd floor - still there. I placed a candle in the room.
    Just curious, I was running around yesterday and saw an avatar named Lana of the Shadow People - was that you?

9. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Alley Oop - I just assumed this area of the forum was a bug report for towns and such. I didn't want to post in the critical bug report that related to game play. Is that where I need to post or is here ok? I'd like it fixed but don't consider it critical.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  10. Alley Oop

this is fine, you did right.

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

No, but I did run past you yesterday, I am just "Lana" with a bug cloak.

If you can post a screen shot and the /bug info it might help

12. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

At the risk of sounding ignorant what's /bug info

13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ah - there used to be a header at the top of these forums explaining all that, dunno where that went.. but in game type /bug, it collects info for the devs about your pc, about where you were, etc and a template to fill out with the problem, come here, hit paste and fill it in

Serafina likes this.
  14. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

What I've done is type /stuck - I was under the impression that gathered info and sent it to dev. Am I mistaken? Next time I'm in that room and purposefully get stuck I'll type /bug and see what happens.
    thanks

15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

/stuck does, but all it does is show you ran /stuck at a location, a /bug takes a bunch more info and asks you to fill in the template so they get way more than just a location

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

1) I'm in the room where I get stuck, took a screenshot using F12 but don't know how to upload the picture. I also typed /bug and the browser opened - is something else supposed to happen? I didn't see anything that made me think information was sent to P.
    2) To Lana, I took a screenshot of the house where the tree is growing into my house but again don't know how to include in this post. I click on the image button and it asks for a url - no option to upload from hard-drive.

And to really show my ignorance - when I hit F12 a small window opens in the lower R corner but I don't know how to access that pic either. Sorry don't know how to properly use this forum

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  17. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Type/bug in the chat window then just paste that information here.

19. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Right, chances are you turned off something in chat.. like some of the system notifications.. but it boiught you to the bug forum page, in your clipboard was the bug stuff we told you to paste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.