Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Shards of Vermillion Lens Not Appearing

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Poseidon2, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poseidon2

Poseidon2 Avatar

I'm o-2 for the Shards today. I collected all my pages on the Oracle quest. I went to Desolis to get one of the Shards and it wasn't in the Destiny Pool. I went to the Oracle Colossus and that Shard wasn't in the chest either. Where are the Shards? Why don't they appear? (No, I'm not "hiding" my quest items.)

I ran into this same problem in the Oracle Colossus with another one of my accounts a few weeks ago. I had to quit the game and start the mission over the next day in order to get the Shard I needed. This is extremely frustrating to STILL have these same problems with these quests!

EDIT: In the Oracle Colossus, the treasure chest was NOT glowing blue when I entered the vault. It should be. Does this mean that something in your code didn't trigger correctly?

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Poseidon2
    I'm kind of wondering if they were looted out of order (still a problem, of course). That bug #: was 55389.
    Can you please:

Provide us your task information (what it says you need to collect, where to go)
    What shard have you collected already, if any?
    If you were affected by that prior bug we will have to fix your account manually.
    The first one you are supposed to loot is in Grannus per a prior fix. You need that flag to get the others. What happened in Grannus? Do you already have that one?

3. Poseidon2

Poseidon2 Avatar

Lexie,

After going to meet with the Oracle in her TV room in Central Brittany, I got many new instructions in my Journal. I had 8 separate journal entries for finding Pages and 3 separate journal entries for finding lenses. I knew the Vermillion lens was broken into 3 pieces, so there'd be 5 places to hit for that one.

I tried to get the Shard located in Desolis when I was already there getting the Page. I got the Page from the Troll's chest, but when I entered the Pool of Destiny room, I only got the "random" treasure items, not the Shard. Once I had all the Pages, I started with the Shard in the Oracle Colossus since I happened to be nearby in Kiln at the time. My Journal never said I needed to do these in a particular order; it just tells me to collect these things, so I was going in order of convenience.

At this point, I have all 8 Pages and no lenses, as I wasn't going to continue looking for lenses once the first 2 I went after were nowhere to be found. If I need to go to the Grannus Colossus first, that's fine, but there's nothing that I've ever seen that said to do that one (or any one of them, for that matter) first, as opposed to second or third, etc.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.