Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] squeak in skrekk

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by kells550, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kells550

kells550 Avatar

hello

while adventuring in skrekk, I have been beset by an truly wretched sound. It is unchangeable with any volume sliders. it begins at the 51% load mark when exiting skrekk, and ends only when the zone has been exited (51% of a different zone is loading).

It sounds like a bearing gone bad in a motor, or a car motor which has a bad belt or a wet belt. squeak, squeak, squeak. it repeats, at all times, and is far past the stage of annoying. originally I thought it was a bad fan motor in the house, but no. repeated testing has shown it is not.

I almost think it originates from the electric thing on the cliff when entering the zone.

steps to reproduce. I simply need only to zone into skrekk. I have not heard this sound in any other zone.

intel core 2 quad. 2.66ghz
    8gb dd3 ram
    win 7 pro
    nvidia 950 driver date 5.17.17 (22.21.13.8233)
    nvidia hd audio (onboard, driver date, 3.15.17)
    wdc wd10ezex 500gb ssd

aka: diaz dizazter

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is very strange. I am not hearing this at all on the live server. I've zoned in and out of Skrekk through both overworld and through the Caverns. I have have all the sliders up to max.
    If this keeps happening after closing the client completely then restarting, please let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.