Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Stuck on Cursor

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Calan Caitin, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

1. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    2. Blocker? No, Standalone version
    3. Details: Trees and bushes getting stuck on cursor and forcing a logout or refresh.
    4. Steps to Reproduce: placing or moving a tree or bush on my property makes it get stuck on the cursor. Leaving the property does not reset. Unable to place in pack or anywhere on the property. Only way to do so is to refresh. Used to be only the forge that did this.
    5. User Specs: i5, 8 Gb Ram, Windows 10

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Are you able to get this to occur regularly? We've seen this in the past, but were unable to reproduce with much success. If this is something common, any "secret sauce" you can provide for how to get it to happen would be much appreciated.

Also, if you could include the /loc details for us to find the exact location of your trees/bushes in case we need to look at your lot specifically.

Thank you!

3. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

I had a 2 story linwood tree that was partially blocking the front steps to the elven tree town house, I attempted to move it over and it stuck on my cursor. I relogged and tried again with same results. After logging in again, I moved the tree to my pack first and then tried to place. Stuck on the cursor again. I tried it 6-7 times in different locations and had the same results. So I put them in storage and tried large elder bushes. They also got stuck on my cursor. My house is in Jade Valley and is the town lot. I have not tried to move any other floral items on it or the village lot.

4. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

Just tried large elder bush and it's still 100% for me.

Area: Jade Valley (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Jade Valley) Loc: (14.2, 38.0, 255.1) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEphZGUgVmFsbGV5fCgxNC4xNjMsIDM3Ljk5NywgMjU1LjE0KXwoMCwgLTAuNzYsIDAsIDAuNjUpfC05OC43MjI0NnwzMC4zMjE4NnwxMC42Njk4MQ==

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

I'm experiencing the same issue. Place a new house today and started replacing all deco items.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, Standalone version
    Details: Store purchased Trees and bushes getting stuck on cursor and forcing a logout or shutdown program.
    Steps to Reproduce: placing or moving a tree or bush from my bag on my property makes it get stuck on the cursor. Leaving the property does not reset. Unable to place in pack or anywhere on the property.
    Area: Oceania (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Oceania)Loc(26.8,95.3,20.7)
    User Specs: i7, 16 Gb Ram, Windows 10

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Potted Glowing mushrooms are ok.

7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Another Item with the same issue. Flame Stained Glass Table Lamp
    Blocker? No, Standalone version
    Details: Flame Stained Glass Table Lamp stuck on cursor when placing and forcing a logout or shutdown program.
    Steps to Reproduce: placing or moving Flame Stained Glass Table Lamp from my bag on my property makes it get stuck on the cursor. Leaving the property does not reset. Unable to place in pack or anywhere on the property.
    Area: Oceania (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Oceania)Loc(26.8,95.3,20.7)
    User Specs: i7, 16 Gb Ram, Windows 10

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This used to happen "occasionally" but since this patch, I am having to relog several times per hour due to this.
    I have tried various things - using deco that was in a container, using deco that was in my inventory, moving deco (already placed) from one place to another.
    Sometimes for no explicable reason, deco gets stuck to cursor. Its rampant now. Seems to happen when I'm trying to find the 'sweet' spot where something will fit, I will drag item out of inventory and hover it over proposed area and wiggle it around until I see it turn green. Except then it stays green, and attached to my mouse, until I log out over and over.

Seems to happen a LOT with potted trees of all varieties.

Interestingly, when it happens, you also cannot chat, you can press enter to activate the chat cursor but can't type anything.

If you walk off the lot with an item stuck to your cursor, the stuck item disappears, but your chat is still locked and you can't re open deco mode by dragging any other deco pieces around. Seems relog is really the only salvation and with the amount of time it takes to load the zone where my house is it ismaking decorating impossible.

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

1. Title: This is also happening to my puzzle trees.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: Yes
    4. Details: Whilst attempting to rebuild my walls I need to reposition my puzzle trees near the gate. I can pick them up but not place them back down and tree is now stuck on my cursor, running out of the lot bounds removes the it but doesn't replace the tree back in the original position. At this point I can no longer pickup other decorations and must relog the scene, in doing so the tree is now in it's original location.

5. Steps to Reproduce: Pick up a puzzle tree on my lot in Brittany Wharfs (280.9, 35.8, 595.7) and try to place it back down.
    6. User Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 8092
      GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570 GPU RAM: 2032
      SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.652.Date.08.31.17
      Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
      Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
      Loc: (280.9, 35.8, 595.7)
      Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgyODAuOTM2LCAzNS44MjksIDU5NS42ODQpfCgwLCAwLjk5OCwgMCwgLTAuMDY0KXwxNzUuODg3M3w0Ni44ODY4OHwxNi42NjA4Nw==

10. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

9/1/2017 3:56 PM
    Title: Specific lights stuck on cursor every time I try to place them in my lot.
    Blocker? yes
    Details: I've been trying to place Muntin lights on the walls of my Village Shogun lighthouse and they get stuck on my cursor. I also have the same issue with Shogun streetlamps outside.
    Steps to Reproduce: Try to place Muntin lamps on a wall or shogun lamps on a lot.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (32) System RAM: 32691
    GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K5200 GPU RAM: 8053
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.652.Date.08.31.17
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Oracle Oasis
    Area Display Name: Oracle Oasis
    Loc: (344.9, 38.5, 287.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxPcmFjbGUgT2FzaXN8KDM0NC44NjQsIDM4LjQ2MywgMjg3LjA3Nil8KDAsIDAuNDIyLCAwLCAtMC45MDcpfDMxMC4wOTc3fDEwfDEuNTg2ODI5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.