Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Tenant Permissions broken

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Nick, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

2/5/2018 1:32 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: As far as i tried.
    Blocker?
    Details: After adding guest, tenant permissions to player to lot. He is not able to place anything. Upgrade the permissions to Kindred, tenant. He is able to place an item, but owner is able to move placed item. Tried a different lot with the same issue.
    Steps to Reproduce: Add tenant permissions to lot.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Soryn Fields
    Area Display Name: Soryn Fields
    Loc: (-9.6, 54.2, 60.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxTb3J5biBGaWVsZHN8KC05LjYxNSwgNTQuMjUsIDYwLjUxKXwoMCwgLTAuNTgsIDAsIC0wLjgxNSl8LTI5Mi45NDUzfDI5LjI5NjQyfDMuMzU0MjMy

Sonja likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Nick he should mark his items private so only he can move them. On the lot item permissions, it says placing new items is not marked private.
    What's the person's in game name? You got a few added to your inn :) Geoffrey Stormcloud perhaps? That's the exact and correct spelling?
    Checking the room using the location info, I don't see any permissions on this unlocked door.
    Did he try restarting the client? I wonder if there was a delay in the permissions kicking in. Are you still having issues with this?
    Have you added any other tenants in this release without any issues?

3. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Lexie,

Yes, its Geoffrey. We've both tried quitting and restarting the client. Since we are on the opposite side of the world, I haven't gotten the chance to test things with him these few days. I've removed and added permissions to the lots for him, and asked him to try again via mail. hope he respond soon.

I've done the permissions settings for more than 20 players without issue. He's the first with such a weird problem. Its unlikely a delay in permissions since kindred, tenant works for him (but without tenant permissions, I can move the item he placed.), changing back to guest, tenant and he was unable to place anything. And no black cats walking by twice....

I've tried an alt char and there wasn't any tenant permissions.

4. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Lexie,

We've managed to resolve it.

An error persisted when he took up his chest and placed it down. Meaning, even in kindred, tenant. it is placed as kindred. Myself, as owner managed to move it.

We only resolved it when we
    1. he remove the entire contents of the chest
    2 I picked up the chest
    3. set the chest to default and passed it back to him.
    4. he placed it down.

Hope this helps.

Sonja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.