Ingress of the Avatar - a pipedream

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shade Baneborn, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

Greetings all!

First, this is totally woolgathering.

Totally something that will not likely happen in any fashion, but nonetheless an idea that keeps nagging at me; so I am exorcising that daemon here to share my misery. :D

The idea is basically a real world/augmented game experience tied to SotA on a similar platform as the popular mobile game Ingress.
    { see here if you don't know what it is:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(video_game) }

There would be a real world overlay element, with in game locales and resource nodes. You could travel around the real world and capture flags, and collect resources/gold in this app that would sync with your in-Novia character.

This would be a fun casual way to collect resources, buy and sell, maybe visit the oracle or do other light-weight in game activities (chat etc) based in the real world. There's been plenty of times I wanted to do some 'light gaming' in Novia but wasn't at a terminal and would have loved to read some in-game books etc. I think at East SotA-con hearing Violation talk about how he could RDP via his phone to his terminal got me thinking about this...

Like I said, no way in the 'verse do I ever expect this to be a reality, but if you don't speak your requests to the cosmos the answer is already no; if someone else comes up with it you'll want a way to claim royalties. :D

Stupid idea? Kinda cool idea? No way it will happen idea? (i know)
    It's out of my head now though so maybe it will leave me alone now. :)

Oyjord Hansen and Dinsoo like this.
  2. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

As a big fan of Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Maguss, I think this sounds great. Unlikely, but great idea all the same.

Shade Baneborn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.