Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Initial Concept on Combat and PvP

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by jschoice, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I will most likely be posting a longer post after the entire weekend, but I did want to make a comment of an hours worth of playtime. Obviously there needs a lot of work with skill balancing, overall I really enjoy this combat system. I was a little skeptical when I first heard the concept. I have grown tired of the "traditional" combat system in MMOs and the "newer" action combat get stale for me quickly. This system sorta seems to be a hybrid that feels good. I don't feel restricted by the randomness and it makes me think not only on what to put in my deck but then I have to think again in during combat as to the cards available to me. Lord British, Darkstar, Chris, and the design team well done in my opinion.

As far as PvP, designing combat around PvP is genius. There is nothing more exciting then out gathering resources and having to look over my shoulder to see if I will be ganked. The jury is still out for me on the size of the zones to make it feel epic. The wooded PvP area I was in was nice but it felt more like arena style fighting and did not require much tactical or strategy.

I do think the overland map has incredible promise in PvP if there were capture territory in place that factions or guilds could fight over. For example a mountain pass can be captured to control access to a certain area. Non pvpers could pay a toll to get through or need to take a longer perhaps more dangerous route around. This way they would not be forced into a PvP situation. Just some ideas. I just see there is so much to be done with the two map system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.