Inn Vendor Issue

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by dssandmn, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dssandmn

dssandmn Avatar

During the telethon yesterday a member brought up a good point, one of the primary reasons to own a home is to have a vendor. Many players just will not be interested in a room at a Inn unless they can sell from a vendor to players.

When I placed a Inn last night I noticed it can only support 2 vendors but the inn has 15 rooms.

With this in mind I am asking for two items
    1. Provide the Inn style home with a Inn Vendor that can support a (normal or limited) number of items specifically for the renters.

This way the owner can put things on 1 vendor and the renters will have there own vendor they can share still keeping with the theme of 2 vendors so the lot does not look cluttered.

2. Make available rooms a option for the town crier or possibly just list Inn's locations and a yes or no style marker for rooms available.

Thanks for your time!
    Din

Vodalion [BEAR] and Numa like this.
  2. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

The NPC limit isn't tied to your house type it's tied to your lot type. Villages have 2 slots and bigger lots have more. As for the vendor you can set the permissions on the vendor so that your tenants can use it to sell items,like a public vendor but on a smaller scale, so adding multiple vendors isn't really necessary. A way to show you have rooms available would be nice,tho. A work around I suggest would be to use the new bulletin board fliers, since if you mouse over them it gives the title of the flier. Don't really need any new items or systems really.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. dssandmn

dssandmn Avatar

Thanks for responding Doc!!

Being newer to the actual game play I didn't have the experience to answer that as you did. Nor did I find as clear a explanation as that. :)

It would be nice if the tenant was auto tied to the vendor but that's not a deal killer I suppose, its just icing on the cake to say.

My follow up question would be, but is there a way to limit the number of items a tenant can sell so they do not take up all the available space on my vendor and hog it all from the other tenants?

And yes, the bulletin board would be a ok work around in the absence of a town crier pointer, pending the city I'm in puts one near the port in area in a decent spot but that's a aesthetics issue to take up with the town owner I suppose. Although a town crier pointer would still be awesome!!

4. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

There isn't really a way to put a limit on the vendor with a hard cap but those bulletin notices can be put on any surface,not just a bulletin board so Maybe untill they put a way in you could put up a rules notice and give people a gentle poke. As for auto setting them with access if you right click the vendor you can edit the permissions and, once people become a tenant assuming the permissions are setup properly they will have access to that. when i get back to my lot I will give you a more comprehensive way to set them up. Again this could change in the next release when the Tenant system is fully in place.

Also Consider this a welcome to sota from me! I hope to see you in game!

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.