Installer Trojan? False Positive?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Magelo, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magelo

Magelo Avatar

I scanned the installer at Virustotal.com and it has 1 out of 66 showing VBA32 telling us there is a Trojan.Agent in the installer.

2. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

IF you downloaded the installer direct from THIS website, you are probably good. Might want to make sure your virus scanner and definitions are all up to date.

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Most likely it is doing what quite a few antivirus programs have done in the past, and misidentifying the installer setting up the 'file sharing' or 'torrent' style of client distribution as some form of trojan. As mentioned, most fully updated virus checkers understand it properly, but sometimes it's triggered alerts to slightly oversensitive security software. If you wish, go ahead and scan it with a couple more security programs to reassure yourself, but I am pretty sure if you downloaded from the SotA site, it's fine.

4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

this is a false positive which some not good virus programs or scammers use to frighten people into buying there antivirus protection. I have just scanned the file using ESET antivirus a virus program that has achieved a VB 100 rating for over ten years this award tests virus companies for viruses detection and if they pick up false positives.

Elwyn and Echondas like this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Big fan of ESET/NOD32 as well here!

Also -- 1 out of 66 scanning engines picking up something at Virustotal shouldn't be too alarming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.