Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Instructions for Patterns

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Pebbles, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Could the following line in the Player Instructions about Patterns mention that Reshape Patterns are used with a recipe that all players already have in their recipe books?

You will use patterns to reshape existing pieces of gear in much the same way you enchant gear at a crafting station. To apply a pattern, take a weapon or a piece of armor to the appropriate station (ex. a longbow to a carpentry station) and then use a pattern to reshape that item into something visually different.
    This might be silly hand-holding feedback, but I am sharing it with the New Player Experience in mind....

I was trying to use a pattern for the first time today to reshape a chest and I really had a hard time figuring out how to use the Pattern with the crafted wooden chest. I searched the Player Instructions, the Release Instructions, searched the forums, and finally found the answer via Google by watching video by Elain Strongbow before remembering that I had a recipe for it at the Carpentry Crafting Station.

Even though the recipe is listed in my book, I look at the book all the time and just click on the categories that I want so I didn't make the recipe connection. And even though I have the crafting recipe at the Carpentry Crafting Station, I still didn't remember it was there at the time that I was trying to figure out how to do it for the first time. I have been playing for less than a year, but was wondering if others had a similar experience or would run into the same situation that I did today. (Or am I just a spaz? You can be honest!) :D

Once you use a Pattern, then this would be totally obvious, but in my case today I was totally lost. So, just a thought.....

Thanks! :)

Acred and LoneStranger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.