Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Interior lighting

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think that interior lighting should be much darker.

In Highvale there is this cave but the lighting doesn't change when entering it. The same for buildings. I think that the lighting should be much darker in interior "areas". Maybe not as dark as in dungeons but much darker than it is now. Also some kind of glare effect would be cool when walking from inside to outside.

Sir Cabirus and Mordakai like this.
  2. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

yeah I agree, when in my home, in a room with no windows and door closed. It isn't very dark..

3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

This might be due to a bug that snuck in at the last minute. I won't go into the details but the but can be seen in the glowing trees and hazy terrain throughout the lands. Hopefully will be fixed for tomorrow's patch.

4. Chris

Also, we're working on reducing the ambient light levels and bringing in more light through directional means. This will help pull out the details on the interior more. High ambient was introduced through a bug a while back and a fix is underway.

5. smack

smack Avatar

@Chris when will you guys give GI another try?

6. Chris

We're close to giving it another shot now. Reflection probes will probably also come on line. Unity updated the Enlighten system again and it seems to have resolve most of the issues.

I spent a lot of time this release working on performance. The next patch should have even more stuff to improve big city performance. Median FPS in Ardoris is up 4-6 fps but I'm shooting for a stead 30fps before I'm calling it done. Until I get closer to that, I can't invest too much time in GI.

Tahru, Mordakai, smack and 1 other person like this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

Awesome, thanks Chris! I think that's a good plan, to concentrate on optimization for a more stable FPS before trying GI again. Looking forward to seeing your improvements!

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.