Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Inventory UI suggestion - Inidcation to player for cut off inventory

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by Bayridge, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

Current state: Inventory items listed will show you in parenthesis the number of items if have more than one ex: (3) . If you have a long name like "Poison Potion, Paralyzing Spider Venom" it can easily be cut off due to size of the box you have open. If you are unaware of this you may not realize you have more than one of something when perusing thru inventory. If you are aware of this you can resize box to see the rest of data. I am unsure if the default box size cuts off items like the one above.

Suggestion: In cases where it is cut off at the end let system replace last 3 chars of inventory line on screen with "..." so gives indication to player something else is behind it so they resize their window to see full line. Good example "Poison Potion, Paralyzing Spider Venom (3)" so it would be "Poison Potion, Paralyzing Spider V..."

Thanks

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

"Poison potion, Paralyzing Sp...(3)"

3. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

• The names that don't fit in the UI should be shortened with three dots (an ellipsis) at the end but still the quantity should be included in the shortened names.
    Pic #1:
    [​IMG]

Pic #2:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Elwyn and Bayridge like this.
  4. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

Yes that is good idea Gix, this way you can see amount quickly and be aware that box needs to be expanded. thanks for pic Mischievous.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This can also help on vendors where the name of the item is too long to see the quantity. I ended up paying 750 for a recipe last week and freaked out until I realized I actually got three of them because I couldn't see the (3) at the end of the name.

Being able to widen those windows more would also be nice, but this would fix the problem at any screen resolution.

As it is, you can't even be sure that you are seeing all of the name. This happens with a lot of those paver and fence recipes, sometimes there are TWO words cut off.

6. Mischievous Dragon

Civilization VI (2016) does use ellipsis (three dots) in its UI so SotA should use ellipsis (three dots) in its UI too.

Screenshot (Civilization VI):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Bayridge likes this.
  7. Mischievous Dragon

Also Dwarf Fortress (2006) does use ellipsis (three dots) in its UI so SotA should use ellipsis (three dots) in its UI too.

Screenshot (Dwarf Fortress):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Bayridge likes this.
  8. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

Nice examples Mischievous Dragon. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.