Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Invincible MOBs in Blood River Outskirts

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Ffred, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

4/4/2018 6:30 PM
    Title: Invincible MOBs in Blood River Outskirts

Reproduction Rate: varies

Blocker?No

Details:

Some Vigilante's in the wilderness are invincible (i.e their health doesn't drop when attacked repeatedly.) In 12 hours of game play I encountered this only a couple times. These Vigilante's ignore the player; they do not engage the player.

The Mimic Chest in the tower is invincible 100% of the time. It also sometimes gets stuck, causing the graphics to do strange things.

Steps to Reproduce:

Vigilantes - walk around through the scene in wilderness areas, outside of the camps, and look for Vigilantes that don't seem to engage the player in combat when they should and/or attack Vigilantes until the symptoms occur.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16191
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.759.Date.04.02.18
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (195.5, 66.5, -96.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgxOTUuNTQxLCA2Ni41MzYsIC05Ni40MDMpfCgwLCAtMC45MzksIDAsIC0wLjM0NSl8MTIxOS44MDF8MC4zNzExMDAxfDEuMjg0NzA3

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

welcome @Ffred
    do you by any chance use ranged attacks? if the attacked "monster" one has no chance to attack you (eg a melee one has no pathing to you) they are immune to damage

also when the "monsters" have a yellow sign with a blue circle with a walking human under their name (if actively targeted) it's mostly means they walk back to their spawn point and are also immune to damage

also there is a mechanic if you get out of their reach for a short timeperiod while attacking you get a "penalty" time in which you are unable to attack because the "monster" lost his attack-pathline to you (e.g. jumping up on stones where the "monster" cant get up to)

3. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Thanks for the information, I was not aware of those cases. I think what I observed was different than what you describe. the vigilante was walking along a forest path and I walked right up to him and attacked and he ignore me and didn't take damage. I was using spells (e.g. flame arrow, sun ray, gust) .

For the chest mimic, the situation was different. At the top of the watch tower, after defeating the tower guard, there is a chest on the other side of the broken floor. Upon trying to open the chest it reveals itself as a chest mimic. It has no path to the player because the floor boards are broken. In that case, the reason it wouldn't take damage may be as you suggest because there was no open path to the player. In that case, it look like a map design problem. This would should be easy to reproduce. Just go to the top floor of the watch tower and it should happen, unless something specific to my instances was in play. n

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.