Iolo/Shamino/Dupre

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by enderandrew, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

The Mass Effect series as well, especially if you'd played through and imported your character throughout. Companions would poke fun, remember events, and generally made the world feel much more alive. I'd love to see some of that interaction where we can have memorable NPCs.

And I loved having Garrus/Tali with me. "Hey, remember when we talked about what's under your suit in the elevators?" "I have a shotgun, and I will use it." "Well, okay then." :D

Umbrae likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm a little disappointed that we can only have one hireling or pet, so there won't be cross-companion banter as we travel around. I'm hoping there will be a place where we can have multiple companions in one place for banter (such as our house).

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Did the devs confirm that we can only have one companion with us? This would indeed be a letdown.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. enderandrew

I saw it in a dev chat somewhere that we can only have 1 pet or hireling with us at a time.

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I don't mind that so much (SWTOR has a similar system), as long as those companions are designed to be memorable, have random conversation blurbs, and have other defining characteristics. There are NPCs and hirelings a dozen in other games, but few have really breathed life into them.

Otherwise, it's just like running around in Diablo 2 with expendable Redshirt hireling #13. ;)

6. enderandrew

At least with SWTOR, you have a home base (your ship) where all your companions are and they can all have banter during story cut-scenes.

Not everyone in SotA will have a house. I'm not sure it will be possible to have multiple companions or a party without some place for the other companions to be when you only have one active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.