Is a party queue Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Isaiah, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Is anybody interested in a tool or town secretary that helps facilitate party building?

1. No, if my friends aren't online I would like to spam in large text I"M LOOKING FOR A PARTY!!!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, It might be useful for new players and when friends aren't available.

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. F that, I have a better idea and I'm going to post it in this thread.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I love the adentures guild.

I agree with Net on not having an out of game party system. We already have that with community events (which is probably better at making friends too).

I started joining up with random people for parties when I find themfind them in scenes. Really great for gathering loot and xp but not much time to talk (unless there is a voice chat). So I didn't make lasting friends that way yet.

Perhaps the community events are the way to go for that?

However an adventures guild would be fantastic too. That could be hosted on the web and accessible in game in some immersive way.

Maybe the game developers already have this worked out. Perhaps this isn't a concern any of us should be bothered with?

4EverLost and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Town Criers~
    Whatever or wherever anyone wants to go hunting with others, it makes sense that some NPC in town would know of some group by reasons of gossip.
    I'd like for it to be seen "in the game" rather than outside the game's mechanics because I play inside the game, to forget the outside of the game...
    It's a fun option so I don't see anything wrong with it... NPC Gossip is how we are someday to find out about who's carrying contraband... "So it fits".
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Steve D. likes this.
  3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

gossip like the bard's tales in the pubs too? :rolleyes: Adventurer's guild and bard's tales go hand in hand. Besides I have the sota community app... BANG!!! That's the answer to the friends thing lol

Time Lord likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The new roadmap lists a LFG tool. LFG tools are standard in the industry. When SWTOR launched without one, they hemorrhaged millions of subscribers, literally. It was the most common complaint I saw from all the launch people who didn't stick around.

Steve D. and Time Lord like this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

oh I didn't know what an LFG tool was. I guess my eyes glazed over and figured it meant something so din't give it another thought. Great!

"
    Social:
    • Voice Chat: We will integrate something like Teamspeak into the game to allow for voice chat between players
    • Leaderboards: These track player rankings in PVP, Guild Warfare, House Decoration (determined via voting), etc.
    • Name on Tombstones: Player names displayed in the Brittany graveyard and on the Ancestor pledge reward.
    • Name in Domesday Book: Player names displayed in the Domesday Book.
    • Mail: Players will be able to mail each other (or themselves) items for a fee. This might also be the way we deliver some content like vendor sale proceeds.
    • Looking For Group: A semi-automated way for players to find each other
    "

Looking for group... I guess that's what I was asking for in that long post up there.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.