Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is Blink worthless?

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Quenton, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I used to use Blink all the time many releases ago before the skill tree was changed, but I've found that it's not worth using anymore.

I wear all cloth except I carry a heater shield (because as a mage, I am very prone to death it seems). But when I'm running around and trying to use blink, my success rate is 44%. If I stop, that jumps to 73%, but what's the point in using blink when you've stopped?

Interestingly, these percentages don't change if I go into combat mode and take out my shield. It feels like blink - and maybe other spells - should be exempt from the shield penalty if the shield isn't out. I assume I'm not getting any armor benefit from having my shield equipped. It doesn't make sense that I should unequip the shield just to raise these percentages.

As far as I'm aware, the only use for Blink is to use it while running. Am I wrong?

The same could be said for Dash, but at least that lasts 10 seconds. Blink's teleport radius makes stopping then casting to teleport a short distance pointless.

2. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

When ever something works well, there is a move to make it less effective. Some would feel this improves the 'game.'

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i actually only recently got it and it's proved usefull several times for bugged switches and stuck spots.

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

4 leather pieces, 12.6% fizzle chance not moving. What I do is sprint/dash and stop 0.5sec everytime I need cast Blink. It's good to have some skills forcing us to not just click the easy button. A powerful spell, if we want use it while moving, we have a big fizzle chance.

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

What you can do is get the targeting circle all placed and then pause for half a second and then cast. It’s not wonderful but the brief pause shouldn’t really harm anything either.

6. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I personally see the primary use of Blink as a luxury skill for travelling.. Hop over small creeks and such, marshes too.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The power of blink. First off, you can be in spellbinder stance and blink to move without losing the stance, otherwise you cant move and keep the stance. Vs any melee, you can just blink over them side to side and not get hit. Its great for a fast get in and get out spell, and helps move faster when you want to get somewhere fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.