Is leveling "fun"?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Bulveigh, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

im Adventurer level 109, Yes it takes me a god awful long time To level Up. Does it Get Boring Sometimes.. sure , of course it does, But There is more to this game than just levelling Up.

ship2 and Stundorn like this.
  2. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Don't try to race to find the end game.. that is impossible. Instead, try to realize the truth. There is no end game. Even if there was one, what is the rush to reach it? It just means the game is ended. So lots of un-fun grinding to reach the end.. which is not fun either.

Relax. Make friends and have fun with those friends. The joy is in the journey, not the destination.

3. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

We have known this aspect of the game since day one. It is cost effective and allows the dev team to concentrate on the game structure rather than tables and chairs.

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Totally right.
    I think he is annoyed of the gap between some players / playstyles and regarding to this about PvP.
    If you want to participate in PvP or at least take the risk to explore Ruins and Shardfalls you feel somewhat forced to catch up or you are helpless and somewhat locked off.

But i agree it's the journey and how you do it what is fun and not focus on "leveling".
    It's better to let it all happen by the way.
    Unfortunately the aspects of the game that are about competition (PvP, and maybe crafting in some way) are only for hardcore powergamers.
    That's a little bit sad.

That said - lets roleplay my friend @Bulveigh ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

lvling was fun for me up to about adv lvl 90 as a casual. Now its just a pain in the arss.

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sounds alright then :D

7. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Levelling with buddies is fun. Solo all the time not so much. However plenty of nice people around who want to be in groups all the time :)

8. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

With 1000's of MMO's in the market with a restricted class system or alike, it is refreshing to see a skill system such as SotA, when I see players complain it is usually due to their own wants, for example, most casual players want to get the same for less game time, or the grinding is too much when it has been the back bone to all games! Players have to stop bitching about other players and start either using their imagination to make the game what they want and have fun or go find a game that suits them, trying to turn a great game like SotA into another cookie cutter mmo is the true problem IMO!

Nikko likes this.
  9. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

@Bulveigh I understand your issues, and I offer to help you. I don't know your level but I have played for a while and I have leveled up to a modest level. I offer to take you out adventuring to show you how I play (others did this for me many, many times) and help you level up. Message me if you wish to try this out. No cost, no expectation just fun and maybe some tips to level up. This game is amazing if you have friends to help, at least that is my experience. I have been helped by some amazing people, so I am happy to pay it forward and help you. PM me if you like. No matter your decision enjoy SOTA friend.

fonsvitae and Nikko like this.
  10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

In my honest opinion the talk of "I need to level" is more player generated than game generated. There are different level zones you can do,crafting,writing RP just to name a few. It is the players who somehow feel the need to be at 100-200 and if that is their goal that is perfectly fine. But being level 100-200 is not required to play the game. It is part of the gaming mentality that says "the higher level I am the better". There is no race to a certain level that is really game inspired,that comes from people who feel the need to.

fonsvitae, Stundorn and Alana Baran like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.