Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is the having to kill Undead 2 times the final solution? please say No

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Weins201, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

just getting old having to kill Undead 2 times just because?

Brandhor and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its a first iteration test of thier idea to make Undead naturally harder to kill. The intended idea is later for there to be methods to kill them in which they will stay dead, where as beating them wwith a stick would prove to be less effective in keeping them dead.

Specifically, the exampleof having Magic attacks kill them outright, while melee may have to kill them a couple of times before they stay inanimate

Lady Amethyst and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I think with a mace or warhammer you should be abel to destroy them.
    Like when yo using magic. Maby they still unded but undead dust and scrambeld bones, cant harm you!

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I would think it would depend on the type of undead. Skeletal types should be vulnerable to all impact weapons (anything in the bludgeon school) but also two handed weapons / most polearms. Hard to get back up when your bones are in pieces.

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

If I remembered it was mentioned before that they would "randomly" come back to life. So it would only happen some of the time instead of the current..every darn time.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@OP

In the traditional MMO sense of "hunting", killing undead over and over is a horrible idea. They don't give you more experience, and you have to waste time on them.

Of course, this isn't supposed to be a traditional MMO. I'm assuming that the overall plan is to make undead challenging in the context of the environment you're in. Not so you can stand in the same place for 3 hours racking up XP and Phat Loot.

It's going to be a bit more challenging when you can't out run skeletons. ;)

7. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Silver Weapons
    Magic
    Scattering the bones/pieces
    Smashing the bones/pieces

I can think of several ways they could be going with this.

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I like the idea of the second spawning but it could be improved on. I was in discussion a while back with some friends and I brought up the idea of the second spawn having a chance to be a lessor or greater version of itself. I do not think the second spawn should happen all the time, but if it does, it should have the chance to make you think twice about fighting it hehe. Could have great risk and reward, or could be an undead vorpral rabbit that you have to chase down and kill, or could be a one hit weak zombie. This would spice up the encounters a bit and if there are chances of greater powered npc mobs it will possible force people to pay more attention and not feel like grinding/macroing so much. :)

Moonshadow likes this.
  9. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I would rather see defeated enemies such as bandits or elves have the chance to come back as some sort of undead, maybe even reliant on there death taking place on unhollowed land or something, even dead characters could spawn undead. You could even have certain undead that give corpses the chance if they slay and or damage it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.