Is the Miner Hat with Goggles drop set up correctly?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In the last 30 days, in the Verdantis Mines, if I am calculating this correctly, and the loot drops are all set to have a chance to drop from all elves in the scene, 4763 total elves were killed, and then 10 of these dropped (Equipable_Specific/Clothing/Port_Miner_Hat_Goggles). That would be around a 0.21% chance. That's not even a one percent chance. That's zero point two one percent. Is the drop for that item supposed to be that low? Maybe it is. Or the loot tables for these might not be set up correctly? That just seems astronomically low, for an item, that even if you do find one, it additionally has a low chance to even yield a pattern from salvaging it.

Just curious, this might however be what is intended. We don't know. If you possibly get some time, could you take a look at that? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  2. Buzzard Bait

Buzzard Bait Avatar

I have noticed some strange things also. The lava fishing rings just all but stopped dropping after they changed some of the elf fighters to elven fighters or something like that and they started using bows. along the same time Norgard armor sets started dropping too. Every visit in with a empty pack netted a complete new set of this armor. But after the names were changed so they were archers again it seems the lava ring drop did improve. At least I think they did as I had three rings drop on the same trip this morning. Your numbers do sound right though as I was killing over 400 just to see one ring if I was lucky, when before it was like every 100 kills to see a drop. It was the same with the miners hats

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Is it really the Miner Hat with Googles? Not the Miner´s Hat with Goggles?
    If the former then I fear that product placement will lead to more strange names...

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Lava rings are also set to an astronomical low drop rate as well. And they are dropping since these changes. I eventually got...one. I just don't get it. I DO get it if the markets were flooded with these things though...(like Helm of the Bear Spirit.....) But we are not allowed to view artifact drops in the Public API, so no idea.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Buzzard Bait likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

All the elves in Verdantis Mines have a chance to drop the lava ring as loot. Only *some* of the elves in the mines have a chance to drop the Courage armor.

Buzzard Bait and Anpu like this.
  6. Sannio

All the elves in the Verdantis Mines have a chance to drop the Miner Helmet with Goggles as loot. There are two different drop rates. The higher-threat elves have a low-but-reasonable chance to drop the item. The lower-threat elves have a pathetic-but-better-than-nothing chance to drop the item. Anyone looking for the miner helmet should stay focused on the tougher elves for the best odds.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ahh thank you. I think what it may be then, is there's possibly very little of the higher threat ones? Though I don't know how you mix those up in the scene.

8. Sannio

There are Tier 4 ("low threat") and Tier 5 ("high threat") elves in the mines. There are more tier 5 elves than tier 4 elves. You can sometimes identify the Tier 5 elves by the fact that they are often walking a patrol path.

Buzzard Bait and Anpu like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you Sannio. Now I get “why” drops there at least feel like they are just low there, I was assuming they were all the same. It’s sometimes hard for us to notice something might be a “little” different, unless we are actually looking at each creature’s hit points.

Sannio likes this.