Is this a secret hidden in the heart of Central Brittany?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fazza, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Since the devs are also gamers then I'd advice looking up the board game Senet as well.... Bit of a history lesson there... Not that it has anything to do with decryption just saying...
    *disappears back into the shadows*

Jaanelle DeJure and Fazza like this.
  2. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Yeah. I posed about that a few posts back. Ancient Egyption game with some very familiar symbols on its game board!

I may be taking it too far by now checking for certain names in the SOTA website HTML code and checking for directories :) hah

Spoon likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sshhh, don't tell anyone but a moment ago there was at least 4 devs browsing this at the same time.

I think that is a sure sign of the apocalypse if I ever saw one....

Cordelayne and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Fazza @Senjut @Sir Aular Glorthalion

I requested permission to add/edit the google docs page you guys started for this stuff. I have a screenshot of an unreachable door (which I think might be related to this or perhaps the "Invitation to the game" quest) as well as 2 other notes that I translated and need to add to your page somehow.

Please let me know how I can get access there so I can share my findings.

5. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

If anyone on the forum is still going on this.

I'm currently 'sending warm signals high and dry'.

If you know what I'm talking about and I know you know what I'm talking about. Let's talk! :)

6. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Hey just posting some info while snooping around the Oracle, Castle, and Brittany in general. Noticed this post. I believe the Castle is actually Lord Cochran's from Arabella's response when hailing her in the castle:

Arabella: Good day to you, *your name*! It is good to see you again, here in New Britannia! Welcome to Brittany Castle. If you are searching for its master, Lord Cochran, he is not currently present. As for my husband, Lord British ... he too is on errands about the land, as is his way.

ask about Lord Cochran and you get:
    Arabella: He is not here yet... you should return later to ask of him

Not that this is anything major atm, just wanted update the info in case dialogue had been added to address this.
    Keep up the good work, been enjoying the thread.

7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Wait... a Paladin? What's a Paladin? :confused:

Nikko likes this.
  8. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

So if I have this right, there have been found 6 different versions of the note, with letters C, D, E, F, G, and I.

These have been found in Brittany Fields and Brit Alleys... possibly relating to a secret in Central Brit. Makes me wonder if there are some hidden in Graveyard, Wharfs, Estates?

Rentier likes this.
  9. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I remember finding a loose stone with such a message and I believe it was much like the messages all of you have been posting about. However; it wasn't in a scene anywhere near Brittany and was closer to Ardoris. I will check tonight to make sure, but in the meantime, how about someone compiling a list of scenes where the notes have been located? You don't have to say exactly where in the scene.

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

n grunvald

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Actually, there are notes with letters: B, C, D, 2 versions with E, F, G, H, I, and J... that a few of us have found and deciphered. :D

Jaanelle DeJure and Rentier like this.
  12. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I went to West Perennial Trail and found a loose stone with a note. It may or may not be coded, but certainly not in the fashion that is listed here. Based on all the posts listed in this thread.....I do think it is related to this cause. I haven't checked the entire scene. The letter starts off with I.O.U. ........................ seems like a dead end, but it fits in nicely with one of the previous coded messages (I wont say which). Once you find it you will understand. Like I said, I haven't checked the rest of the scene to see if there is a follow-up letter as well.

Daxxe Diggler and Rentier like this.
  13. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I looked it up... apparently the word means "passage" and the game was meant to depict traveling to the world of the dead. One might speculate these clues could point to the location of a passageway to such a place.

But beyond that, I didn't discern any additional clues from the actual gameplay. Rules vary, but it is a fairly typical style of game where the pawns are racing to the end. Various rules about how you can move your pawn. The symbols represent special rules that come into play at those locations.

Is there more I might be missing?

14. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

and each of these has a unique message?

15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.