Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is this the NEW movement system, The "T"button

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Ok so I haven't played yet this release for 1 simple reason, the changes to movement. as it stands right now I think I can move with my mouse is back to normal, until I enter combat, then its ok for the fight, but as soon as I loot some thing my auto attack turns off and I cant move with my mouse. Hiting the "T" button after every time I loot is pretty ridicules.

I know there has been patches to fix this that's why I'm asking,
    Is this it, is this how movement will work ???
    HAVEING TO HIT THE "T" BUTTTON AFTER LOOTING EVERY TIME....

2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

How about it, @Chris. Can we have the option back so as to NOT go into Free Attack mode? Ever! I, and my wife, are two who NEVER want out of auto attack mode. Is it not possible to fix that for us? You did that 2 months ago quite handily. I realize some want to auto attack when in melee and free attack when in ranged. I would venture that they are few. Please let those of us that wish to remain in auto attack at all times do so.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Amen, brother Onyx, Amen........... ;)

4. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

I dont see the issue. Put it back to a toggle and were good. Haveing it auto switch is ruining the game for us. I will never use the power up atack.

Im done with this bull ****. Fix movement or tell us its staying this way so we can dump our accounts. Im sick of devs screwing with things.
    We want to move with the mouse 100 % of the time.
    Every thing else can be remaped to other keys. This is not a option.
    If you cant comply just say so. I can think of other stuff to invest my money into.

Sitting around because I cant play is not fun.
    Cant move cant play.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Isn't there a check box on the option gump to disable free attack?

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Doesn't matter.
    I have free-attack turned off but it goes back to attacking once per click after I loot something.

7. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

By default the mouse scroll wheel now acts as a movement button when you press it. Like power attack or not at least you can move with your mouse while power attack is active. Power attack is pretty powerful, you might want to check it out. (while I do not approve of it being in the game, I still use it)

8. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Power atack im sure is great. Im sure many people will love it. I might love it when i can play and try it out.
    But why does it have to be on a mouse button.
    Why is SOTA the only game that makes it so you cant move with a simple mouse.

CANT MOVE = CANT PLAY.

I dont care about anything else..... stop all new constructon..... stop all balance.....stop all pvp fixes.....stop everything thats is not fixing crashes and movement.
    Crashes and movement are the 2 main issues with why we cant play....

randomonium, Jade2 and FrostII like this.
  9. Jade

Jade Avatar

I try to stay positive, but Im just not feeling the love. I cant fight, I cant move...im constantly toggling in and out of auto attacck, it confuses me. My husband has tried to set up keys to help me, but it stinks. I am so frustratedd. PLEASE TAKE THSI BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS. THIS IS GETTING TO BE A DEAL BREAKER ....Please!!!!!

10. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@DarkStarr and @Chris This is incredibly discouraging. With our level 70ish characters it is manageable, but only because we can kill everything we fight. Jade and I just made 2 new characters on alt accounts and going into free attack with such regularity makes starting out next to impossible. Is there a reason that you cannot, or will not, give us back the auto attack only option that we have had for the past year and a half (with brief interlude 2 months ago). I'm sorry to say it but this really could be a deal breaker for us.

11. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I would prefer to be more politically correct but the above unfortunately pretty much says it all

12. Jade

Jade Avatar

I have been stewing over this for hours and I am going to unload. I am so angry. For the last 1.5 years my husband and I have put a large percentage of our "play money" into SOTA (yes we have a budget). We did so because we love the game and fully expected to play it for many years to come. Then, if I were a jaded individual, I might say that after you have gotten all the money you need, at the last minute, the last wipe, to completely change how we move, how we fight and overall how we play the game. For us you have changed the entire dynamics of how we play. I cry NO FAIR, even sneeky. I believe that the devs AT THE VERY LEAST owe us 5 minutes of their time to tell us if this is how it is going to remain or if there are plans to, yet again, revert to the system we have all grown so accustom to. I proclaim that you owe us that tiny, bity crumb of information so that we might start making decisions about how we wish to move forward from this point. I say again, 5 minutes for information that is so terribly important to us and, by what I am reading, so very important to many others. If this feels rude, I oppologize, however, I do not think that my request is anything but reasonable.

randomonium, agra, Dariog and 2 others like this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I was going to add support for the mouse movement sentiments here, but @Nolove 0369 pretty much summ'd up all of it .... ^^^^^^

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  14. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This sounds like a bug and should have a separate ticket created for it in the bug forum with more clarification. Currently, with "Use Free Attack" disabled, all initiated combat appears to remain in auto-attack. If there are elements of the game that are removing you from auto-attack, we will need to know more about it. Looting does not appear to do this.

My suspicion is that "T" might have been pressed to Disable Auto-Attack, which would require it to be initiated again and again, even with "Use Free Attack" disabled. Having both Auto-Attack enabled via T and Use Free Attack as a game option disabled should give you the desired effect. If it doesn't, it will probably need a separate bug report.

I cannot, unfortunately, speak to the other decisions regarding controls and movement, except for the knowledge that it is on the minds of our team and a topic we are taking seriously with each suggested change and consideration.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Jade2 and Golem Dragon like this.
  15. agra

agra Avatar

Currently (build 442), looting disables Auto Attack. It just doesn't show the message that it's disabled.

You can reproduce it trivially.
    Attack and kill something with auto attack enabled.
    Loot the body.
    Press 'T' and you'll see "Auto Attack Enabled" flash up.

If you don't loot, auto attack stays on, as long as you remain in combat mode. (which is likely why it's been missed in QA testing, the QA testers probably aren't looting)

Fister Magee likes this.
  16. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I think I understand the scope of the issue as it's described now. Submitting for review. Thanks for the clarification. We had tested with looting, but I think there was a miscommunication. The issue with Auto-Attack being disabled when looting is now a known issue that we expect to fix in the near future. Thanks. :) We've also discovered a similar issue with maintaining auto-attack when "Hold Cursor Toggle" is active.

Acred, Onyx, randomonium and 4 others like this.
  17. randomonium

randomonium Avatar

This sort of responsiveness from the dev/qa teams is literally the *only* reason I'm still being patient with Shroud. Kudos :)

Acred, Jade2, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  18. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Jade2 and FrostII like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea... what Onyx said ^^^^ ;)

Jade2 likes this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yup, me too.

randomonium and Jade2 like this.
Thread Status: