Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Issue Resolved]Keybindings

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by zyxk i n g, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

Hi,

Last time I've played so far was in R38, and now, re-logging into R41, I have to re-bind every keys I had customized since they were all reset, and I've noticed that I cannot bind my mouse thumb buttons. I remember using those 2 thumb buttons to heal during combat ( bound to 0 and 9 ) so that it would be a little easier for me to survive, just more easily reachable, but now they cannot be bound anymore, or seem to be undetected by the client. I am still using these buttons online when I browse to go back from a page, so they are detected by my windows 10 os yes, but not by sota. All of the other buttons seem to work, but not these. I have also tried with another mouse, and it doesn't work neither.

I have also read a few threads about this problem before posting this one, but it seems like none have been answered yet.

Please, let me know if there is any way I can manage to bind these buttons manually, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Kyrsim

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm able to bind my thumb buttons (mouse3 and mouse4) for healing combat.
    Can you provide us more information please? Anything that you feel may be useful....

1. Details:
    2. Steps to Reproduce:
    3. User Specs:

3. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

1/05/2017 15:49

Title: Keybindings - mouse3 & mouse4 ( thumb buttons ) with any mouse won't bind

Reproduction Rate: Always

Blocker? SotA Client, software or driver conflict/detection under Win10

Details: I am trying to bind my mouse3 and mouse4, but nothing works. I have read lately someone fixing the problem by unplugging his ps4 controller from the pc, but it didn't work for me since it was already unplugged. I have tried 2 more mouses and still nothing, all the other buttons work though. I would like to change these binds manually since these buttons still work in any other game, and also under windows itself and without any problem.

Steps to Reproduce: Click on any keybinding space used to bind keys with any of these 2 mouse buttons, and nothing will change, unlike any other buttons.

User Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - 4.2 ghz

GPU: GeForce GTX 770 - 2048 mb

SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.600.Date.04.30.17

4. Lexie

Sorry, I am still unable to repro. This seems to be one of those 'one off' ones....
    I am able to bind to Mouse3 or Mouse4 in SoTA without any issue using multiple mice and multiple PCs.
    You may want to possibly re-install the game, although I do not know if this will resolve your issue.

5. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

It is now working. Sorry for the late answer, I have noticed that I couldn't target the binding key square to actually bind the desired key. I think it was related to my screen resolution or window mode set-up, as if the coordinates of my mouse were wrong. When I would clic, it would clic a little bit more to the top or bottom, or these squares would simply become unclicable.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Lexie likes this.
  6. Lexie

Gotcha! Good to know, and I'm glad it is resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.