Item Repair

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Barugon, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Okay, I have to complain about this: at GM carpentry Repair, I will randomly repair my bow for 40 or 80 points. This is totally stupid! At low level, it should repair some small amount. That should increase as you gain levels so that at GM, you repair a straight 80 points. This is something that makes absolutely no sense being subject to randomness.

Spoon, Witcheypoo and Mishikal like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Interesting. Would you be willing to accept a destruction chance for the bow in return for more surety of repair %? See, the thing is, you seem to be offering your argument from a point of 'realism.' Because you are GM, your skill is high, so there should be no variability. That is logic enough. But what about the rest? A real grand master would also know when a broken bow is a broken bow and needs to be discarded instead of repaired. If that is the case, and there should be less randomness in repair skill, then shouldn't there be a 'random' point where the real grand master decides what you've got is a piece of junk and heaves it in the scrap bin? And not conveniently after many predictable repairs either. Why? Because the degree of damage caused to that bow shouldn't be the same and predictable each time.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, talk about missing the point. I said nothing about major repairs, which take COTOs and repair a diminishing amount each time. I was talking about regular repairs.

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.