Item Reservation

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Jonathon.Doran, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

In today's dev chat the subject of experience reservation was brought up as a way to restrict how much a player is able to do offline.

The same mechanism might be needed for items as well. What might I be able to buy while offline? Some commodities (materials/reagents/food) might be available, but not in unlimited quantities.

Gathered resources (ore, plants), dropped loot should similarly be capped. This might be a scaled value that depends on the time the character is offline. Rare items in particular should not be allowed into the world without some sort of time-based cap.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think we can be fairly certain that they've considered this as a natural extention of what they were talking about. The XP example I'm sure was just that.. an example. I recall my mind also wandered into the realm of harvesting when listening to this.

3. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

If we assumed that they have thought of these things, there would be no point in having these forums. (We could make the same argument about almost any suggestions on these forums) There is no harm in mentioning it, and can be helpful if they did in fact overlook the topic.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yes and no.. this is such a close natural extention to something they've given a bit of thought about. It wouldn't make sense to limit this system exclusively to XP when items are an obvious concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.