Item to get rid of night ingame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bamboozle, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I like that night is harder, I grind one scull level down at night. I like the realism!
    No nighttime?! that is just crazy talk.

2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Personally, I love extremely dark dungeons and nights in the woods. I've always hated the artificial lighting used in dungeons in other games. Like in Skyrim... you enter an old crypt that hasn't been opened for hundreds or even thousands of years and for some reason all of the wall torches are still lit. That just makes no sense to me.

If any of you have ever played Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO), one of my favorite quests was Rainbow in the Dark. In that dungeon quest, everything was completely pitch black dark. You needed someone in the party to carry a special scepter that created a radius of light around you. You had to stick with the guy holding the light or you would certainly become lost in the darkness and find yourself falling into a pit of spikes to your death. That's the kind of thing I wish more games had.

That said, I can see a reason for allowing some sort of brightness increase or night removing item for those who have medical limitations such as poor eyesight. But I definitely don't want them to just change the brightness of night and make it less dark for everyone. I'd even prefer unlighted areas in the game to be even darker than it already is personally. Although I think light sources should have a larger light radius than they currently do. I don't like how my house which is full of lighting still seems to be dark for some reason.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Lord Baldrith and Ao Soliwilos like this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Would be an easy fix.....take an Aeronaut helmet with goggles and add night sight to it. That would be a big boon for some players. Heck I would love one with a Miner's light on it so i wouldnt have to cast the light spell all the time. Just dump some regs into the helmet to give it a charge. Have an icon for the helmet so it can be turned off and on from the task bar. Would be great

4. Toff

Toff Avatar

Along the same topic...... what I absolutely can't stand is when some one cast "light" on me. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but others can cast light on you and then you can no longer Stealth or Vanish until the light spell times out.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

You can right click the light glyph under your name and dismiss it.

6. Curt

Curt Avatar

I hope night vision will change so it don't affects the ui's colours

7. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Honestly... if Night is changing the way you have to play the game as opposed to Day, then I already think it is working as a mechanic. Opting out of Night play is just like opting out of any other mechanic which adds challenge to the game. You can do it, but the reward should be lessened - in this case for people tabbing out it is not advancing.

The problem with adding mechanics to help people see easier is that EVERYONE will use those mechanics. And then when the devs want to hide something in the shadows or go bump in the night, it won't be possible because the gamma is cranked up too high on everyone's screens.

Vidgrip and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.