Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Items Missing from Avatar with Build 408

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Black Tortoise, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. Avatar's Equipped Items Missing after login / scene change.

2. This is the first time I've experienced this, though now every time I load a new scene, every equipped item is deleted, so it is happening 100% of the time?

3. Yes *updated* this is happening every time I change scenes now.

4. I downloaded the latest patch as of 7pm EST for the Linux client (build 408?) and logged into a scene. My avatar was missing his wolf hat, epic cloth legs, cloth gloves, epic cloth boots, and glaive. These were all equipped items. It appears as though no items are missing from my inventory. Logout/login did not bring them back. I crafted all of the cloth gear, and snagged the glaive from an NPC shop, so its a mix of player crafted and NPC gear. My cloth chest armor, whic was also crafted with the rest of the set, is still equipped on my body.

5. Download latest patch. Log into game. Observe almost naked and weaponless avatar.

6. Ubuntu 14.04 linux, 16gb ram, pentium i5 3.2 ghz, nVidia 550 ti with proprietary drivers. The same thing happens on my Windows machine/Windows SoTA client.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Update: this is every time I enter a new scene. The gear I craft for myself and the weapon in my hand disappear, and I am just left with a crafted chest piece but otherwise naked. Upgrading to *blocker* as I cant exactly play like this.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Update: so apparently this bug is tied to my account, and not the client I am running. I was running the Linux client, and this, combined with all the other linux bugs, forced me to break out the ol' dusty Windows machine to satisfy my R29 cravings. Lo and behold, any item I equip when I change scenes is deleted from my character's eqip slots. I just lost some pledge rewards gear this way :(.

What would happen if pledge rewards gear was deleted this way in a post-final-wipe-release bug?

4. Sinistrad

Sinistrad Avatar

It's not just you. I logged in to find ALL of my equipped gear gone except for my cloak. This is 100% unplayable. There's no repro steps, I am just boned. I have only played for a few days. I get the game is not out yet, but come on. The final build is in July. Massive data loss and account data corruption at this level only 2 months from the final build? No. Just, no.

I tried equipping my polearm reward. As soon as I left town it vanished (just as you said it would). So I am having the exact same symptoms as you. WTF. I am stunned. I don't even know what to do.

[​IMG]

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

so patch 410 didn't fix this? :(

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please patch to 410 and verify. We implemented a fix that should fix and return the disappearing equipment. Thank you.

margaritte and Sinistrad like this.
  7. Sinistrad

Sinistrad Avatar

Thanks, I'll check it as soon as I get home tonight. I can't from work due to our network settings here blocking some of the UDP ports and P2P traffic required by the client. I'll edit this response with any updates. Really hope this was fixed because I felt like I was really starting to get in to SoTA :(

EDIT: I logged in briefly and it looks like all lost items are back where they should be. Thank you!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    margaritte likes this.
  8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@Attenwood worked like a charm, my thanks to the dev team. I logged in and all of the equipment that vanished was now in my inventory, and I have fully equipped and changed scenes 3 or 4 times without having lost anything. Great turnaround time on this fix!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.