Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Items placed in containers in your inventory still show up in the main inventory.

Discussion in 'Release 26 Dev+' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Items placed in containers in your inventory still show up in the main inventory (in list mode idk about bag mode). This makes no sense and it should be considered a bug. When I place an item in a container it should only show up in that container and not my main inventory. If you want to make it an optional functionality to show it in the main inventory that's perfectly fine but as far as it working the way it logically should by default if I put any item in a container of any kind (bag, box, my cabinet of virtue, etc) it should disappear from my main inventory and only show up inside of the container I placed it in. This has been like this for quite a while now and I'm surprised it's not fixed yet. Anyways I appreciate all your hard work and it would be great if this could get fixed!

Example: I placed these two hats in my Cabinet of Virtues.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Mystic and Amber Raine like this.
  2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I do have to agree. It can be rather frustrating to remember what you had in your bag and what you had in your main inventory with it doing this. I would prefer to have to double click my bags and open them to see inside them even in list mode..

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I like to organize my stuff and maybe eventually display it on the screen in some sort of manner and I can't really do this if bags are essentially useless.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Link_of_Hyrule This is actually working as intended for List view. It's certainly possible to have this working the way you would like in Bag Mode, but currently List mode will display all inventory items, even those in containers, in the main inventory window.

@Chris has more details on this if you'd like to speak with him about it. :) Thank you for the feedback!

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Attenwood @Chris thanks for the reply maybe if there is time and resources you guys can make the other functionality an option to toggle on/off for those of us that would prefer this other form of functionality.

6. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I must agree with Link_of_Hyrule. Now and then, I craft a backpack to see if it acts like I think a bag should, even though I'm in list mode. When it does not, I rename it to Useless Backpack and stuff it in a chest. I assumed it was working as currently designed, however, it is not useful for list mode. I like to organize inventory, too, but really cannot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.