It's a sad day for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vooch, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Lvl 25 whaaat. How are you that low, it takes like a week to get to 5 skull zones

This is the problem with having taxed housing sell for real cash. You have newbies without any idea how to play or "make it" in the world facing insane mortgages... He's barely out of high school!

You should be at least somewhat experienced adventurer before owning any property, let alone two!

I understand deeds are a source of income but the system is severely broken

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

That's fine for you - but not for me.

I didn't come back to playing after the wipe, until I was able to place the house

I'm a pack rat, so sue me - it's how play - too bad it's not how you play - oh wait, I don't really care how you play since it doesn't affect me

It breaks the game for me because I see housing as an integral part of MMO's - that's why. Without housing, I'm not interested in playing

I didn't "back" the game because of the game, I paid real money to have a tax free deed - that's what I did because I saw the writing on the wall for ridiculous amounts of taxes - insane!

As far as the game, I don't really see "what the game is/is going to be" personally.

I log in a few times here and there, but not as much as I used to - it's not a game I see having any longevity for me personally.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Kaisa, Time Lord and 4EverLost like this.
  3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I offered some serious advice in my original replly in this thread (buying COTO's and using them to pay for rent to save gold) but after reading your follow up I can see that you are just trolling.

Goodbye.

4. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

VZ, would you be willing to share some insights on how that is achievable? My skill gain has slowed to a crawl and can't maintain an XP pool. I've started turning off gains on defensive skills, but it is still slow going. I'm using heavy armor with sword and shield.

Kaisa, Time Lord, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It's called life. I play the real game quite a bit and have little time for the virtual one. :p

Kaisa, Time Lord, Dame Lori and 2 others like this.
  6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I have the same problem, low xp warning constantly unless I micromanage my skills.

Time Lord, Krohon and Sir Frank like this.
  7. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Just because someone doesn't take your advice, or because you don't like what they are saying, does not mean they are trolling.

Kaisa, Time Lord and Solazur like this.
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Hey Vooch... perhaps... just maybe your expectations did not match the current reality in the game. While (IMO) the loot in game .. and well. lots of stuff in the game... is in need of balancing.. I DO try to remind myself when something irks me ( and it's often) that it is VERY early. Changing terminology notwithstanding ...to me.. this resembles at this point something like oh idk...an early beta and not near a finished product.

IRL one has to crawl before they can walk....

There ARE changes (obviously) coming down the pike.. One such will be the "visit the Oracle" thing which you can do each day...I don't think they hit the proposed 500g/day figure by accident...it effectively will pay the rent on a row.
    In addition there are a number of players doing their part to help the newer player get going. One such project (not to slight any but I am most familiar with the following) is something @Themo Lock is putting together; he's setting up what basically amounts to a subsidized Hostel. I think he'll have room when finished to accommodate 70 people... giving them a place to stay with their own storage. for F R E E!

Now if you are only able to make 344 in a day...maybe you need some assistance/guidance. One good resource you could use is the Hospitallers area on Discord chat... or look for them in game.. easy to recognize with the sign over their heads.

Feel free to hit me up in discord (same name) I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I may be able to at least point you in the (or A) right direction.

9. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

It had nothing to do with what I was saying, and everything to do with what the OP was saying, hence the two quotes in my post. Stop making false assumptions.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Oh dear Im still hunting in a one or two skull ground "Hides Behind Fence" and I play most days :eek: However I maybe far to busy doing other things then gaining levels .

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  11. rez

rez Avatar

There's too much elitist (explicit) going on in this thread. You all should remember that actual tax rates on homes were a heated topic just weeks ago.

12. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

thats a fair point that should be kept in mind. about falling into the elitist frame of view. not saying anyone is but its a good pratice to remember that we are all coming at things from different perspectives and we should try and have a idea of where we are coming from.

13. mercster

mercster Avatar

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH. You know you've incurred the wrath of the internet when you get a "Goodbye" thrown at you.

DepGames and Time Lord like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: OMG!...
    This is just like one of those really long uncomfortable "Goodbyes" we encounter at family Christmas Parties where we all stand there so long that the kids have to go back inside to go to the bathroom before it's all finished :confused:...

~Time Lord~:D

Acred, Cassandra Corax and EtherBunny like this.
  15. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

It's the virtuous form of GTFO.

Kaisa, Time Lord and mercster like this.
  16. mercster

mercster Avatar

I dunno though...that period at the end is pretty brutal.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Before you pay next time add me to friends and I will wand your rent to be cut in half with my Royal Scepter.

In game Name is William Serenite. Once cut in half you then pay it with COTO and you can cut that down even further.

Acred, smack and Time Lord like this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Also, we run a hotel that provides private living space for those that need it for free.

Acred, smack and Time Lord like this.
  19. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

In Game??

Acred, Cassandra Corax and Time Lord like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

There are many of us that do this :)
    Our Nobility should mean something...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.