Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Jaanaford Courage Chest piece Quest

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Sean Silverfoot, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Only issue I had, actually had to do with the I word, immersion. Jaanaford was under siege, no problem. Get in find the satyr, enter the door to the mines from in Jaanaford. Going from the mine back to Jaanaford I had to go thru the "forest siege" scene. Doesn't really make sense if I'm already in Jaanaford and in a mine, and then come back to town thru the mine.

Doesn't make sense to me. Anything we can do about having siege's come up unrealistically, like this situation?

Paladin Michael, Chatele and Nelzie like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

It’s been (annoyingly) like this ever since they introduced sieges.

If they aren’t aware of the issue, they’re either not reading the bug reports or not playing the game... or both.

Chatele and Nelzie like this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

That must of been some bug....town was under seige when i went through that quest....i came back into the area with the quest holder with no issues. Did you exit from the wrong end.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Sieges can end while you are in a town. I've gone through a siege to my home in Northwood only to exit easily later on quite a number of times.

The situation in this case was reported as a bug during QA. It happened to me and a couple of others. All it means is the devs ought to now flag an exit as inside the town or outside the town. If it is inside, then appear at a point in the town; if it is outside, enter a siege.

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I have absolutely no issues with sieges, except when it doesn't make a lot of sense. Enter a door in town that doesn't take one "out" of town, shouldn't require you to fight to get back into town, when you come back thru the same door. I'm not insanely upset, but this was the first time I experienced it.

6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I agree. I entered a town from a sewer entrance once, having traveled some distance "underground" and... I had to go through a siege, even though the sewer entrance was in the middle of the town and I didn't have to go through a siege to get back into the sewer.

It's a bit immersion breaking. That should be corrected before launch, I hope.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You should put this in the bug section, too ;)

8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This was an oversight. You shouldn't be pulled into the scene when moving between Jaanaford and the Broken Echoes Silver Mine. There's a checkbox I forgot to check when setting up the teleporters, which makes those teleporters avoid sieges. Sorry about missing that, but I'm glad I saw this post. I quickly put in the fix and I think it will be in with the next update.

Mishras, Elwyn, Aldo and 4 others like this.
  9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Thank you Sir!! Very much appreciate the quick work!!

Sannio likes this.
  10. Paladin Michael

Thank you very much, Sannio :)
    Beside this checkbox:
    The whole new mines are really great! The new Quest options giving us possibilities for decisions make them more meaningful. I hope, most (new) quests will be inspected for this possibility :)

11. Sannio

Glad you like the new mine quests! I made all three of them. By "new quest options" are you talking about the conversation options? I'm trying to give players more "participation choices" even when they seem to have the same results. By "participation choices" I mean when you get to say one phrase (e.g. "I'll be happy to help!") or another (e.g. "I'll help for a reward"), and by "seem to have the same results" you should keep in mind you're probably gaining/losing virtue points behind the scenes with each choice you make!

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Great stuff! And some choices don't result in the conversation going where one would think (or at least Me)!

13. Paladin Michael

That's, what I meant! All of our decisions in game should be related to our Avatar's virtue points. But at first to the storyline :)

Further, for a deeper character building, it would be great, if we could receive further quests from involved parties depending on our decisions we made before.
    So a player could tend more on the "dark", "neutral", or "light" side ... and every Avatar could make other decisions and receive totally other quest!

For example:
    The old lady at Solania.
    1. We told her, her friend loved her:
    She wants us to plant myosote (forget-me-not) flowers at a special point to remember him.

(We receive seed to plant a special myosote of love ... someone hearing about, wants to buy it for a great amount!
    Will we
    - truthfully plant it?
    - sell it, knowing, the old lady would never find out about?

Well, what we don't know: If we try to sell it, the buyer gives us a worthless diamond.
    If we plant it, we receive a further seed to use for our own garden, granting us a lovely RARE myosote, we can sell for good money at each store or having a ingredient for a very special alchemy recipie ...

--> And yes, Sada tells us about a lore: a rare RECIPIE OF LOVE.
    Who knows about? Heaven knows ... ;)

2. We told her, her friend didn't loved her:
    She wants us to visit his ghost in necropolis to ask him, if he really meant, what he wrote in the past.

If he answers YES, we should tell him, she also didn't loved him and married another one!
    If he answers NO, we should tell him about his son, living in Celestis, never knewn by his father!

Well, will we tell him the truth about his son in each case, so he is very happy?
    Will we tell him about the "other man" and he feels so sad, that he made a great mistake and wants to ask for forgiveness?

--> The ghost could give us a quest for delivering a message to her and his son.

Grigor.
    1. We told him the truth, that the elves shouldn't kill humans.
    He wants us to bring the message about this to ...
    --> May be this starts another quest to infiltrate a camp as an disguised elf spy ...

2. We told him, the elves should kill humans by order
    He wants us to kill the commander for the killed humans.

Important: no Avatar should receive both/all possible quests. Just THIS one, depending on his first decision.

Another example: Giving the beggar in Ardoris more as one coin and asking him, why he is crying, could give us
    1. a special information about the child murderer! (or other questparts related to this town!)
    2. a quest to take a great burden from his shoulders, something he did wrong in the past ...

So how the beggar's in each town could treat us different (depending on HOW VIRTUOUS we are AND how virtuous THEY ARE!)
    A beggar isn't always a better human, because he/she is poor. But a honest one would help us with good information, another one could tell us fairy tales ... ;)

More quests could have a further quest depending on the choice we made before ...

At last: doing things in a village/town/ ...
    ... could end in bardsongs and rumors in the local tavern!

Listening to the song about NAME (Sannio), who
    ... told the truth to Sada, bring peace to her soul ... (or: told the unholy truth to Sada, stopping her crying for someone who never loved her ...)
    ... stopped Grigor from believing all elves are bad ... (or: helping Grigor to slay the unholy Commander ...)

ONLINE: The hero NAME could changed every hour/day with the actual Avatar name, who did the quest :)
    SOLO: The hero NAME should be this one of the one and only hero, we represent :)

... and may be others who heard about ... suddenly appear in town and waiting for us in the tavern!
    May be a hitman could contact us, because we did a kill job, or another spy, because we did a good spy job.
    And may be a guard or a lord heard from what we've done for/against another and would campaign us for a special job.

This would give the story and our character building more depth and a noticeable meaning to our behavior ...

P.S.: Last suggestion to connect skills more to story/quest elements.

14. Sannio

Neat ideas. I'll mention that I put in something like this quoted suggestion into the game a couple of releases ago.
    Quest Hint: South Broken Road

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.