"Jack in a Box" PvP Stretch Goal Discussions & More

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Time Lord, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Want to See Something Really Scary?
    [​IMG]"Jack in a Box" PvP Stretch Goal Discussions & More

As PvP items for the SotA Stretch Goal section of our online store have not been researched, designed or created, I've begun this thread for anyone to place or discuss any idea of items they would like to see offered, as well as discussing any PvP specific unique game function or enhancement that we would like to see created here in our New Britannia.

I'll start off by describing something I think could be such a stretch goal item;

The "Jack in a Box";

A Box that has an activation switch which will search out and link to another Box activated by another player.
    When both are then linked, each player will be given the name of the other player to go in search of and engage in combat with to the death. When the victor defeats their enemy, then all that's needing to be done is to chop off their head and place in into the Box to receive a special prize.

When a player has a Box that is activated, once a suitable opponent is found, both Boxes will begin calling out something like;
    "I want the head of (fill in the blank)"
    "Give me the head of (fill in the blank)"
    "Bring me the head of (fill in the blank)"
    "Feed me the head of (fill in the blank)"
    'Go chop of his/her head whatever"

"What could a stretch goal item like this help pay for?"
    We know that Portalarium will have some buildings or locations of PvP interests that will need funding. We currently don't know what our Portalarium has in mind for such things yet, but with such a stretch goal item offered to them, they may just come up with one or let us all in on what they have in mind for our future.

It should be mentioned here that stretch goal items are the players way of allocating specific funds for projects to become funded in a more targeted and encouraged way. When any Stretch Goal item meets the funding needed for that specific project, then that project's work has it's work begun on ahead of it's projected current scheduling to be made.

"These are things that are going to be made anyway", it's just our way (the player's way) of encouraging that project's funding and speed of completion.

Stretch Goals are unique as well, because they are items which cannot be melted down or refunded until the work on the targeted goal is created.

An Example of this....."The Horses"
    Of course we're going to have horses at some point enter our game for everyone to be able to ride, yet when you purchase the horse stretch goal items in our store, you quicken the steps needed to have horses a reality in our game more swiftly, "but you also get a very nice unique mount from having helped to fund them", no matter if the goal was reached or not by the current scheduled time.

If any of this is incorrect, please point it out and I hope you all can share your ideas or add to the current thinking of the "Jack in a Box". So look for it our store by name, it's not a Jack in the Box, it's a "Jack in a Box" , accept no substitute ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I like the "Jack in a box" idea, or something similar. The matchups could be completely random or they could be based on previous matchups and results. A kind of ladder could even be implemented, then those with a competitive need can see their worth. You might me matched up against someone in your guild or up against the feared whoever. Everything would be consensual.

Possibly both players staff, vendors and house servants and pets even could in this time be up for killing as well, and none can be bought back to life (inventories still intact) until the outcome of the box task has been completed. Knowing more about your enemy might be beneficial, the tablet of finding would be a useful method of locating maybe an area they or their holdings are in.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Possibly both players staff, vendors and house servants and pets even could in this time be up for killing as well, and none can be bought back to life (inventories still intact) until the outcome of the box task has been completed. Knowing more about your enemy might be beneficial, the tablet of finding would be a useful method of locating maybe an area they or their holdings are in.
    :eek:Quote, Khloec...
    [​IMG]
    Khloec <---<<< You are a very sick and twisted chr... and that's what I like about you :D

How about a dagger that can be purchased through our online store that will not come out of the user's hand until you kill something with it?
    Or, some "body"? o_O

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    I would like to remind everyone that Halloween is just around the corner in terms of development of truly unique and scary gifts to be able to be purchased in our online store. So, please feel free to provide your best and most twisted thoughts to what our game will have to offer.
    Look deep inside you and bring out the truly macabre within you... :eek:
    Or do we want just a simple pumpkin to offer? o_O

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Well, Thank you.....a compliment of any type is better than none....i think, maybe :)

Adding to the box thing. Also guilds could have one and be matched up against other guilds. Could be a most heads kind of thing or capture and hold a hex or control point scenario. Wouldn't have to be just one guild against another the box could give the same to 10+ guilds or players. Would be interesting to see what the box gave you each week and who you were up against. The best players or guilds would be feared and getting them on a match up would be scary.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:
    OK, I like that!

Maybe one could be an individual duel style box "Jack in a Box" and the other could be "Pandora's Box"? o_O
    I never really though about including Guilds or maybe even entire "Towns"? :eek:
    "A Box of Worms" possibly? :confused:

7. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

This is kinda like that game "The Ship" on steam, I dig it!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.