1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Jack of Diamonds equivalent for virtuous avatars

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Echondas, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Would be nice if there was an equivalent place for Virtuous folks.

2. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Nope - Virtue is its own reward - just like in real life - that's why there aint many go that route...

Cordelayne and Echondas like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

To be honest, I wish they would add more for the Jack of Diamonds...

Cordelayne and Echondas like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

*looks at soapbox with melancholy*
    I now believe that humanity is ultimately F'd.

Olthadir, FrostII and Echondas like this.
  5. Echondas

I agree with everything above .. but I still think there should be a yang to the yin.. :confused:

6. Echondas

Small update:
    @Sannio mentioned Jack of Diamonds today, and I submitted a !Question. Thanks Chris!

Sannio has thought of this, with potentials for each of the 3 major SotA virtues (Truth, Love, Courage).

Time Lord, Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Some more about this: I had a vague plan long ago to add 6 new virtue-related mini-scenes that players could only enter if they fit the proper virtuous criteria. Jack of Diamonds is one of them, which primarily allows you entry if you have negative Truth. Part of my vague plan included a wizard's tower for positive Truth, a hunting lodge for positive Courage, a temple of the Reverential Order of Altruists for positive Love, and I don't recall the rest at the moment. I'm still focused on Episode 2 content for the time being, but eventually I'd like to get back to these virtuous mini-scenes when I have some free time.

8. Echondas

@Sannio @Elgarion I saw in the release notes that there's a new quest for Jack of Diamonds: Captain Jack Price now gives a quest to obtain certain kobold weapons.
    Reminding you folks that a virtuous equivalent would be nice, since I can't do this quest, but would like to.

Thanks!

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this virtue-based scene can be accessed by anyone, providing you have a party member who can get in. make friends with liars!

Time Lord, Echondas, FBohler and 3 others like this.
  10. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Here's an update on "virtuous venues": I'm currently working on the Manor of Mystery, the "positive Truth" venue. It's a floating island with a comfortably-sized building that includes a library, alchemist, and office of High Magus Calum. The High Magus leads the Mages of Mystery guild, whose members can be found at the entrances of control point scenes. He'll offer a quest like Captain Price's (to collect the kobold weapons), but his dialogue will have a "positive Truth" spin. Access to this upcoming scene is granted to those without negative (Truth) reputation by any Mage of Mystery.

Elgarion, nimueCW, FBohler and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.