Jumping / vaulting over objects / invisible barriers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coder1024, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

One thing that feels awkward with SotA in R1 is how you're glued to the ground. You walk up to a fence and have no recourse but to walk around it. You should be able to just vault over it and other short obstacles, and jump over larger ones.

1) I'm not suggesting a platformer or anything, but being glued to the ground really gives it an awkward feel

2) I know its only R1 and perhaps this is already planned, it just struck me as really odd feeling after wandering around the world

Also all the invisible walls by the water areas doesn't seem right. You should be able to wade out into the water. Again, maybe just an R1 / future feature thing.

2. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

The water thing doesnt bother me as i imagine a lot of the invisible boundaries will be gone for final release as areas are added/expanded.

I absolutely agree about being glued to the ground though, there needs to be a jump button or some way of passing short obstacles without having to walk all the way around them. Not being able to hop off the short knee high ledges of some of the houses is a big pain in the rear as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.