Just Curious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HogwinHD, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Okay, dont get this post twisted, im all for Rules and punishing when its deserved,.

but why does there seem to be preferential Treatment towards some Avatars on the forums?

And dont dare say its not true because a few people have been warned about messages they have posted yet another person who said similar things gets absolutely no warning at all??

i love this game and its community i really do, but that kinda thing does not sit well with me AT ALL. everybody should be equal and treated the exact same regardless of pledge level, Adv level or the amount of money they have donated.

In Summary : Start treating Everyone the same or watch the game go up in flames....

Razimus, Stella Moon, Elnoth and 18 others like this.
  2. Sway

Sway Avatar

Should be the same rules for all. End of story.

Razimus, Salix, Mac2 and 3 others like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

In the end, moderation comes down to being entirely subjective....
    Case in point, and my personal favorite reason for a thread to be locked:
    Wait.... whaaaaa

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Hahahaha
    Don't start this debate as it always ends with the same people going * Oh you got moderted because you deserve it! * or * You have been negative lately, so its why they focuse on you.*

I have been suspended for less in the reply, then a comment ive responded too.
    Ive had reports of insults ignored, yet ivr been warned for * I disagree because.. * as * un neccisarry discussion, stick to yes or no answers. *
    ( suspension warning, comment deleted )

So yes. I fully agree with you, and while I agree sometimes people need to be moderated, i firmly believe ive seen and been involved with situations where its been evident.

I have disagreed with a ton of moderation in not just mine or preachs conversations on here ( and very un satisfied with the discussions of the moderator in MOST of the examples ) but ive seen cases of it from other people where it makes me wonder why 1 person can say one thing, yet 3 comments down someone else csn say same thing + an insult.

Yup. I agree with OP, and i think its rubbed some people the wrong way.

Altho the go to excuse is to say anyone who is getting moderated is a * reddit, basement dwelling, troll*. Just be sure to add reddit in the insult, and you can basically say w.e you want.

Bob Kelso2, Jens_T, Koldar and 5 others like this.
  5. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

It's even true with signatures! One signature can be deleted for a specific reason, you can point out that a strong supporter's signature breaks the exact same rule, but that signature remains.

Bob Kelso2, Koldar, Solazur and 3 others like this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yep! Had this happen to me as well...sigh...

3devious, FrostII, Koldar and 3 others like this.
  7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

You can easily alleviate your concerns, just open your wallet enough to be preferred, then you dont have to worry about it! And youll be helping fund EP1 for its LAUNCH CANDIDATE.

Bubonic, 3devious and Addison like this.
  8. zeme

zeme Avatar

I've never had any issues >.> I don't even come close to breaking rules, it's a shame the line even needs to be explicit for some people ahah

Edit - turns out I'm a rule breaker. Down with the corrupt system! Take arms my brothers!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  9. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Favoritism has always been a problem with ultima online and i saw it here often too. But devs being close to community, thats what happen in every game that do this. I just try to close my eyes and go on even if im raging from inside.

10. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Your signature is against the rules lol

to OP, are you really just noticing this now?? What you describe has been going on for a long time now, years even.

Bubonic, 3devious, Bob Kelso2 and 5 others like this.
  11. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

From the Community Rules and Guidelines

Forum Sig/Avatars
    • Text must be limited to 20 words and 3 lines, including an optional web URL. No overly flashy text or style that clearly detracts from reading a thread.
      • Font point 36 or less for titles, font point 12-24 for other text, and all font must be clearly legible, regardless of font style.
    • Signatures may include one game relevant hyperlinks to an official SotA page, community fansite, or a guild website. Additional hyperlinks will automatically be removed.

:D

FrostII, zeme, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  12. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

ROFL, there ya go with the million dollar questions. LOL I got mod'd recently... comment deleted.. ples take to PM etc. while at the same time...said comment lived on having been quoted in conversation with the person I guess I should have been PMing.

It was worthy of note... at least to me that what was good for the gander in this case did not seem to apply to the "goose".

13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

We are all equal.. just some are more equal than others :rolleyes:

Mac2, Mykll and FrostII like this.
  14. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

There's nothing wrong. Just like with dev+, some have chosen to spend more and have more of a voice in things. Do you fault long time members of a club when you're new if they put time and money into it?

15. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Not to start a witch hunt but do you have any examples of this being the case? @Berek has always been fair in regards to this that I have seen (even I had a signature removed before for breaking the rules).

Olthadir likes this.
  16. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Much like the selective multi player feature in the game, there is selective moderation on the forums.

One can be admonished for not abiding by a subjective interpretation of an already broad rule while nearby many others are flourishing at breaking the same; most often, the policing is done for the sake of political expedience and convenience.

All of this leaves a bad impression w/ persons who value fairness... but every dog has its day; comeuppance has a way of showing up, invited or not: and that is something that cannot be moderated away.

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

My signature has suddenly vanished although it was just a quote from Portalarium itself... Strange.

Solazur and Bob Kelso2 like this.
  18. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Never yet seen a forum where some people did not think there was 'unfair' moderation, sometimes that perception is correct, sometimes debateable, sometimes wrong - there have been moderation decisions and actions here that have confused or annoyed me, but not overly much, so far, and can't say I have noticed any special 'biases' that I don't think can be explained by the tone, style and methods some people have used to try get their point of view out to the forum. It's never an exact science, and people will always think anything has biases - and likely they are right from their perspective, being human means people make decisions not everyone else agrees with. Other people can be annoyingly inconsistent - we all can, but it only upsets us when someone else does it....

If they make continual bad decisions than I'll go somewhere else, but relative to what happens in most of the gaming world, I think we are a long way short of that point here.

Baene Thorrstad and Hornpipe like this.
  19. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

@HogwinHD

For my part, I've got warnings, I've been banned of this forum for a few days, I've been asked to change my signature, and my messages are regularely deleted (some of them few days ago again, while I was answering to one of the persons who liked your OP and who didn't get any punishment while I think he slightly broke the rules).

Each time, I see a justification, even if my messages are sincere, and it's generaly because my messages are aggressive. I can be hot minded sometimes. When it is the case, I give a hard time to the moderators. I don't know who you think is privilegied on this forum, but at least, I can say that I'm probably not concerned and moderation is doing fine with me.

Besides that, I also think that everyone should be treated fairly, and all of this is a matter of point of view. Personaly, I think that some of your messages should have been deleted, under moderation rules. Sometimes, I suspected that you were a privilieged person. I would say that the difference between you and me is that I admit I can make a mistake.

And finaly, you should consider that when moderation comes, the only people who know it are @Berek and the person concerned. People who don't pay attention to every forum account can't know when someone is temporarely banned. People who don't pay attention can't know when a message is deleted. Then, how could you know if people is not treated fairly ?

The principle of Justice is that it does not do what you want it to do.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Xkhan and Baene Thorrstad like this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Aurelius Silverson
    Could you, perhaps, give us some prime examples of "tone", "style", or "methods" that should be obvious to us all - so that we may avoid them ?

3devious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.