Katu SOTA Log analyzer - web app - xplatform

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Katu, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katu

Katu Avatar

SOTA log analyzer by Katu

https://sotalog.herokuapp.com/

SOTA log analyzer is a new web application, that analyzes your log files and parses data out of those and tries to visualize it, so you can get more out of your hunting and crafting and what not.

Tech
    Its cross platform and built with newest web tech, so it SHOULD work in every browser that is even remotely up-to-date. Its a Javascript application, using Angular 2 framework for the "app" part and bootstrap 4 for visuals. Behind it, is a Node.js server, that is not used for anything for now. Heroku ( hosting provider ) needs server integrated with the app, so that's why there is a server.

App itself, should be able to run even without network connection, after it has been loaded.

It's quite easy to use. You just have to go to settings page and upload* your log files, so the app can analyze those and give you some kind of information, that it got from those.

* It does not upload anything. Its just the exactly same window that is used to upload files on other web pages. I just read those files on your browser and never, ever send anything to anywhere. ( You really can disconnect after page has loaded).

Source will follow, soonish, it will be released with MIT license.

Me
    I have developed this for few days now and its a bloody mess. I have refactored it a lot, but I still have to lots of work, to get the code where I want. Its not "proof of concept", but I would not show the code to my coworkers just yet :)

I am software developer and this is my job, hobby and life. I know Umuri has made a nice HUD that does similar stuff, but I am not going to exactly compete with that. My current visio, about this app is somekind of dashboard, that can show pretty statistics about your journey. It could be used to min-max or just to track your character development overtime. Lots of charts and "good-to-know" information and dashboard like feeling. Even thou its a web app, I can still provide real-time log analyzing. So thats something to wait for. Dps meters, gold per hour, best hunting spot, theoretical gold per hour / min / day etc. Theoretical xp gain.. Anything is possible. Just have to find a time to create this. So far, I have good speed, so we will see, what comes out of it.

I did not intend to release it this early thou, but I need to know, if this is something you want.

[​IMG]

Features, by release

Alpha 1: first ever release, 11 sept 2016

• Basic functionality for log parsing
    • Parsers for Heal, /stats, Slain, Fighting ( These parse everything out related to their target, not everything is visualized yet thou )
    • Basic look and feel for the app ( styling of the site )
    • Project setup, heroku settings, angular 2 setup.
    • Kills tab
      • Kill count
      • Top killed entity
      • Most lethal skill
      • Date from and to filters for kill statistics
      • Filterable table with all the data gathered from kills
    • Stats tab
      • Basic stats
      • Compare to previous

Try it out, let me know about your feelings about this! Feature requests are welcome! It has just a few features still, but there is some kind of foundation to just create more.

2. Katu

Katu Avatar

Reserved

I have few hours every day, minimum. Weekends I have more. Early days, I have to balance on getting new features and creating the base code. I am quite satisfied on the idea I have about the base, but the implementation is more like proof of concept currently.

Next:
    • Move from heroku to firebase| 2-4 hours
    • Remove Nodejs and heroku related stuff away | 1-3 hours
    • Refactor existing code to modern standards | 4 hours
    • Parse all stats | 2-3 hours
    • More information from kills, detailed information on kills. | 4 hours
    • Estimate loot value and gold per hour / week / period /anything | 4 hours

Known bugs:
    • /Kills
      • From/To Date filters only work in chrome | 30 min

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Grimbone and Duffrey Blake like this.
  3. Katu

Katu Avatar

I know there is not much to look and its not changing in a day or two. Maybe next weekend I have something more to show.

I have spent huge amounts of time, while moving to firebase. I have used atleast 10+ hours on this task alone. But right now, its done... (ish). I have my code running in firebase now, but not app code yet. Its few tests that show me that everything is working.
    I did completely overhaul on the base code. I now have awesome build scripts for development and production. I can send new version online with one command to command line and with other I have it setup local server with the code running it. I have test frameworks setup, so I can test drive the code end to end and lots of coding support tools. Everything I use on this project, is open sourced and mostly MIT licensed.

Best thing is, that firebase is very good platform. I can still create full offline app ( and thats main goal ) but at the same time, do awesome things with fully syncronized online database. All these tools, that I have selected, are designed for rapid development, while granting huge power when needed. I am so excited and hopefully, by the end of this week, I have all the features from current version, refactored and few new features online.

Grimbone likes this.
  4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

gonna give it a go... thanks \(^_^)/

Katu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.