Keep combat bar hidden when dragging glyphs/items

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Vaentorian, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Not sure whether this is wishlist or a bug in existing UI options.

In the Options > Interface > Hotbar menu there are two relevant checkboxes, "Show Combat Hotbar Out Of Combat" and "Require Control Key to Drag Glyph On The Combat Bar". If I have the former set false and the latter set true, the combat bar still appears when I drag a glyph even though I can't drop the glyph on it.

This is problematic because the combat bar then hangs around for several seconds and automatically takes priority over the utility bar if I try to use a hotkey, forcing me into combat mode and potentially drawing unwanted aggro if I tag a distant critter with my Aimed Shot or similar.

With limited space on the utility bar anyway, and a lot of items/glyphs which can only be used from a hotbar slot, this is an added nuisance I regularly encounter and could really do without. I'm aware that I can click on the slot as an alternative to hotkeys - sometimes I even remember that in the moment - but from a QoL perspective I'd much prefer consistent hotkey behaviour.

Thanks!

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you want to turn off the existing setting "show help for hotbar drag-and-drop editing"

3. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Wow... I would not have guessed that, thank you, exactly what I needed!

Elgarion and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.