Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Keyboard stops working, cannot click on boats

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Rip Saya, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

Right after zoning to the world map, rush to press the auto-run key before avatar is ready to go. Afterwords, no keys work. Have to logout/in to recover.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are unable to reproduce this issue. Have you been able to get this to occur since first observed?

3. Silis

Silis Avatar

I have this issue occur frequently if I alt+tab while loading. alt+tab again when it occurs usually fixes it.

4. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

Happens quite frequently for me and only on the overland map. But I think @Silis may be right. I was Alt-Tabing away from the loading screens as well.

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

As others have said, the window frequently loses focus when alt-tabbing during a loading screen, alt-tab and back again works for me. And sometimes just hitting tab to change between cursor modes and back can fix other glitchy behaviour that could have been related to my penchant to alt-tab during loading screens.

Rip Saya likes this.
  6. Attenwood

Perhaps I'm mistaken but... isn't that how alt tab is expected to work? To alternate to another window or application, and for any expectation of returning to the game client, you would need to manually set it back? Or is there an element here that I'm missing?

7. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I don't use alt-tab, but I mouse click to a second monitor to switch during loading screens. At least I try to. SotA, during loading screens and entering scenes, hijacks my mouse cursor in a most flagrant, rude and disorienting manner, like no other application I've ever used. The pointer disappears, jumps to a totally different position, gets locked to the game monitor so I can't move to the second monitor or gets into some "stuck" state where I've needed to right-click on the taskbar to wake it back up.

8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

When tabbing BACK to the client, the keyboard/mouse don't always return focus to the client.

9. Attenwood

Any chance either of you would have a solid repro case? What video/monitor settings are y'all using? Step-by-step reproduction?

No matter how often I alt-tab out, or click out of the window, in either fullscreen or windowed mode, I don't experience the issues described here.

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

This only happens when I'm alt-tabbing during loading screens. When the game is loading I have difficulty alt-tabbing, sometimes I can't leave the screen, sometimes I can't get back, I find alt-tab behaviour unpredictable during the loading screens and try to just keep my phone beside me and use that instead.

I did not think it was necessarily specific to the game, but simply that games don't like to be alt-tabbed out of especially while in seemingly resource-intensive tasks. I'll explore it when I get a chance.

11. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Ok, I forgot that sometimes the mouse gets hijacked while you're in game too. Like when you're in a party and you die and the person tries to resurrect you....your mouse is gone when you are being prompted to accept the resurrection and thus are unable to be resurrected.

Also I discovered a new case today:
    Map teleport to the 2 button on noncombat bar
    "Arrow" targeting mode
    Run around holding w down
    while holding w, right click to change direction (hold right button down)
    while holding w and right mouse button, hit 2 to bring up the select character to teleport UI
    mouse is hijacked. there is no mouse, not only for the game for the whole OS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.