Kickstarter - Final Fantasy Tactics spiritual successor

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by enderandrew, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I can't count the number of people over the years who've told me that FFT is their favorite game of all time, or how much they desperately want to see a proper follow-up (unlike the Gameboy sequels we got).

So now the lead designer of FFT is doing a spiritual successor on Kickstarter and it has been amazingly under the radar. Even worse, it looks like it will miss its funding goal and not be funded at all unless they get a late push. In the next 4 days.

That isn't beyond reason, as Kickstarter's reminder feature kicks in with 48 hours left, and many people make the decision to back or not in those final two days.

I hope all the RPG fans here in the community will back this project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Makes me want to fire up the Playstation, and play through the old FF titles :D

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Done and Done! I still don't think they're gonna make it. They need to advertise better!

Ragnabrock likes this.
  4. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Huge fan of Matsuno's games, can't wait for this to be made. I hope!

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This is great for those that like FF. I have never played any Final Fantasy game. So I won't pledge, unless there is a SotA in game item promo.

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I liked Shining Force better....

The thing that makes shining force stand out, other than being the first of it's type I had played. Is that you had trulyl unique characters with unique abilities/strengths/weaknesses. Yes you had fliers, and cavalary and mages but then you also had a werewolf and some things you had to find to get your recruits.. You only got 1 fire mage, you only got 1 monk(heal+decent combat) you had 2 priests but one had a stronger attack, lower healing.. Each character looked different, it felt so much more beyond what games like Fire Emblem offer.

I did play final fantasy tactics and I seem to remember thinking it was OK but no shining force... but that was quite awhile ago.

(I did back this game though because I do enjoy the genre)

Amaranthus likes this.
  7. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I only played the gameboy games. If they weren't a proper follow up...I should go play the original because I freakin' loved the gameboy ones.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Final Fantasy Tactics was very different from the rest of the story. It was a pure tactics game, but had perhaps the best story of any game in the series.

This game did meet its funding goal on the last day. There were a lot of doubters with this particular campaign.

Their stretch goals also mentioned their card game at first which people didn't like. They mentioned mobile games, which people didn't like. They hadn't made a game like this before, which people didn't like. And when it didn't make a small fortune on day 1, people said it would never make stretch goals for all the console ports.

It bugs me that several people said they decided to never pledge because they feared it wouldn't hit stretch goals. If all those people did pledge, then maybe it would have.

Either way, the company said they leave will leave the stretch goals open for further funding after the KS campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.