Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Killed one desert wolf and unlocked 9 achievements on Steam

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Poor game design, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

6/30/2016 4:32 PM
    Title: Killed one desert wolf and unlocked 9 achievements on Steam
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? no
    Details: Seriously, I just killed one desert wolf and 9 achievements were unlocked on Steam.
    Steps to Reproduce: Kill a desert wolf?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32687
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1989
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.432.Date.06.30.16
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_EastreachGap
    Loc: (-22.4, 137.9, -127.4)

[​IMG]

2. Taze

Taze Avatar

This happens with any kill or any craft when they do a release and update without wiping your characters, as steam achievements are reset on several of the updates they release when they make any modifications to any of the achievements.
    This happened the last couple of times to me.

This isn't a bug, as much as a steam mechanic until the game goes "final wipe" early release and they are reset for the last time.

3. Drocis the Devious

Weird, I guess I don't understand how it's not a bug.

Are you saying that at some point your achievements are tracked, but that they reset on steam and they all come back to you the first time you craft or kill something? Or are you saying that this just happens every release? The first part makes a little sense I suppose. But like, since the last wipe I have not killed 5000 creatures, I've probably killed 5. :)

4. Taze

Taze Avatar

But you have killed 5000 before and steam gave you credit for it on that date, and you are still logged into the game via the same steam account, possibly even the same character name, so steam gets confuzzled
    Then they (SoTA) make a change, release, and modify steam achievements, causing a steam reset, and the first time you do anything (Kill a wolf, or craft a pencil) Steam goes, oh he already got this on such n such date and gives it back.

If they changed that exact achievement, say they make it 5001 kills, then it would reset to 0 as a new achievement entirely and make you start over, so if they fundamentally change one it won't auto repop.

It would be better to call it a Steam Mechanic, or Steam bug then a shroud bug, one that intricately can't be changed in this type of "wipe" environment due to steam mechanics
    happens in other games with lots of patches and "wipes" that aren't in "release" state too.

Don't worry about it unless after final wipe, you don't get an achievement when you do something.

5. Drocis the Devious

Ok, that makes more sense I supposed. However, I haven't played on Steam for like 6 months. :)

This was the first that I've played again in forever. I've been using the stand alone client, which is why I was very surprised. Maybe the game saved all that data and delivered it to Steam for the first time. That would make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.