Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Kiln Cistern feedback

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Burzmali, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Yesterday I spent and hour or so running around the Kiln Cistern and since I don't see any other threads, I thought I'd toss in my two cents.

The Cistern flet a lot more like a action/adventure dungeon than most areas, which I think is a positive. However, it seems to have been inspired by the Zelda Ocarina of Time Water Temple, one of the most reviled levels in the franchise, and was made a sewer level, one of the most reviled level types in general.

Peculiar design desicions aside, it was the most technically interest dungeon in SotA that I've seen so far. With one exception the encounters were balanced reasonably well and the puzzle aspects were decent, even though they wear our their welcome by the end.

My two major complaints are the boss, who is merely a damage race that has more HP, does more damage and is a higher level than the rest of the enemies in the dungeon. Ergo, if you can beat him, the rest of the encounters are trivial. Also, the placement of anhks fails to conside that ghosts can't climb, so it is possible (and likely) the you'll get killed in the final encounter and not be able to make it back to an anhk.

Elfenwahn and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I really enjoyed this one too! I had a lot of fun figuring out my way through, this is a worthy adventure! I hope to see many more places like this.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.