Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Kingsport: Game Locking Up

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Title: Kingsport locking up.
    Frequency: Three for three.
    Blocker: Yes
    Details: The game is locking up on me in Kingsport. The initial lock up occurred while beaming in. The avatar half formed and the game locked up. I waited fifteen or so minutes before closing the program. I logged back in, and re-appeared in Kingsport. I went along the path, and almost made to the bridge by the docks when it locked up again. I waited a few minutes, closed the program and logged in again. This time I only made it one or two steps before the game locked up. Taking a cue from Tahru, I had Task Manager open, and the noticed that, during the lock up, the CPU was running at 25%. Memory usage also jumped from 2.0GB to 3.4GB .
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter Kingsport.
    System Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32720
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6047 GeForce 364.62 Drivers
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.392.Date.09.14.16

I logged back in on the Overworld map and entered Kingsport. The game froze-- four for four.

I logged back in again on the Overworld map and entered Kingsport. It almost froze, but didn't. There was a lot of stuttering as assets were loaded as I made my way to the oracle. So, four out of five for this one.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted. Thank you for reporting!

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If possible, could you include logs from when you crash? The next time this occurs and you close your client, please navigate to your game's directory. In the data folder will be a file labeled "output log." Please send that to us at rromero@portalarium.com.

Thank you.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Will do on the crash logs, if it happens. However, performance in Kingsport is much better with 393QA. No crashes, with only one two second or so stutter, and a few minor stutters. Owl's Head was the same. I went to Central Brittany as another test. It is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.