K'Kong and clockwork attack cat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Nov 20, 2023.

1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Returned to the online game for the first time in almost a couple years just for the bleep of it. I remembered I like Mysterious Swamp - I laughed out loud the first time I saw monsters called "Hacked Watchers". The Kobolds were pretty tough for my character too. I forget what my AL is, but I think it's like 107 or 110. I'm a Polearm/Water Magic user.

Anyway, there's a house kind of in the middle guarded by 2 guardians and then there's 3 floors of Kobolds to fight through - I forget what's at the end.

When I went back to that house, I saw Clockwork Attack Cats around it - that kind of made me laugh! But what DIDN'T make me laugh were the K'Kkong guardians! Those dudes are TOUGH! And I swear they can heal themselves, unless it was the Kobold Mages healing them, I couldn't tell!

I don't remember having any trouble getting into the house a year ago - are those K'Kkongs new?

I haven't been back to Deep Ravenswood but I seem to remember that somebody thought it was a smart idea to put an Elrin Nayer in the middle of a Tier 5 area. The Liches are tough enough for a Tier 5 by themselves! That was one of my favorite areas in the game early on, fighting the Ferocious Red Spiders in the northeast, the flocks of obsidian bears in the southwest, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

OK, I morphed from asking a question to making conversation LOL. Happy to entertain any thoughts!

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

No they were there guarding the entrance to the house for at least the last several years. (the scene was revamped at one point but it has been a long time ago now) Also not new is a totem near them that gives them one of about four possible buffs. It might be this time one of the stronger totems spawned which made the Kkongs much harder to kill than last time you were there.

Spinok likes this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Gwendolyn Obscuro likes this.
  4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Kobold Hall in swamp is pretty hard place, but with good reward as well. Look carefully on the buffs on mobs. There are "totems" which grant very heavy buffs like insane magic resist/hp regeneration/damage. On 110 level I could definatly advice bring a friend. Solo on this level it would be nearly impossible to clear out the house in reasonable time.

5. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

While I'm on the subject of things I don't remember, has the Obsidian Destroyer who sometimes spawns in Twins Foothills always been able to heal itself? I remember him being a very tough out but I thought I remembered I could take him at AL 110, but with a large supply of imbued health potions. Could barely even scratch him last time I tried recently.