Knockdown working as intended?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Lathiari, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was curious about the knockdown that happens to players. It seems to be every single time a monster knocks me over all I do is spam the space bar and its over in half a second.. is this intended? It feels like I am breaking something when I do this and being knocked down becomes really trivial. Just curious if that is by design or if jumping just breaks what is supposed to happen. If monsters all of a sudden had a space bar I think my bludgeon would be out of a job.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Jumping is how you break knockdowns/stuns/roots. How easy it is is supposed to be based on your str. I think. I know the idea was floated that knockdowns would be dex, stuns would be int, and roots would use str. Not sure if that was ever implemented, though.

Violet Ronso and Barugon like this.
  3. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Yeah it is like that, but I think there should be a less chance of getting out of the stun. This right here is why bludgeon is garbage in pvp, your stuns get easily evaded by clicking the space bar. Imagine if I could just not take damage from someone because I hit the spacebar, its pretty dumb imo.

4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Your chance to break out/get up is based on the skill you got hit with and your str/dex/int against the person who applied it on you. Its very balanced in favor of those with high stats/skill as it should be.

Knockdowns = dex
    Root = str
    Stuns = int

The reason a lot of people complain about these things is because some things are labeled as stuns but are actually knockdowns, some are labeled as knockdowns but are actually stuns, etc etc

Also every click of the spacebar add incremental chances to succeed so you are guaranteed to succeed at some point.

A good fix would be to make breaking out early with space bar drain 10x more focus per click. *grins at the chaotic feedback users*

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

10x focus? oh no... thank god knights grace is a skill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.