Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Aetheric Feedback Regen Rate Broken, however focus buff is working

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Waxillium, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Worked in 37.
    Not working at all in 38.
    Definitely not doing as advertised in the R38+ post.
    Probably tied to the other post about only gaining 1 focus per second in combat.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please provide more detail for us to investigate the issue. What are you observing it doing (or not doing) that it ought to?

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

In 37 when I stop casting for 5 seconds I regen at 20 till I cast again (in combat).

In 38 it does not matter how long I wait after a glyph, the regen never turns on. Stays at 1 per sec.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Same behavior observed. Aetheric feedback buff applied, tooltip says +20 focus regen, but no extra focus regen happening, regen is stuck at 1 per tick (which is a separate problem? )

5. Attenwood

A fix was applied to Aetheric feedback for 440 to fix the missing boost to focus. The focus rate may actually be correct, con sidering how short it is at default without the buff. May in fact be related to the separate focus issue.

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I've used this skill for two months straight in my day to day build. It was never broken. People just didn't like that there was a delay in the focus regen until no glyphs were used for 5 seconds. Once you waited 5 seconds you would gain 20 focus per tick. The QA 38+ notes said this delay of 5 seconds was being removed which would make it massivley OP. Dropping the timer from 5 seconds to 3-4 seconds after using the glyph would have been a good minor adjustment. Please try using Aetheric in 37 to see just how messed up it is now in 38. Giving the focus buff is pretty insignificant to the real heart of the skill which is a phenomenal focus regen if the skill is used properly and if people can not used skills for a period of time (i.e hide behind cover) while aetheric regens your focus.

EDDYCORP likes this.
  7. Attenwood

The skill was always meant to provide both a buff to max focus and focus regen.

8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

And it always worked fine at that. The focus increase is and has been great. The regen got messed and is the only thing this thread is about. I retitled the thread as I see how that's confusing.

EDDYCORP likes this.
  9. Attenwood

Have jiras that show otherwise, at least from our end. Regardless, we have a known issue re. focus regeneration to further review.

ID: 39896

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.