Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] All fishing skills going up at same time

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Weins201, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

12/10/2018 17:50
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32633
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.QA.Win.64.781.Date.12.09.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_Dysborg
    Area Display Name: Dysborg Ruins
    Loc: (-154.0, 60.2, 10.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl9EeXNib3JnfHwoLTE1My45ODcsIDYwLjE1MSwgMTAuNDMxKXwoMCwgLTAuNDk0LCAwLCAwLjg3KXwtMi41NDY2Mjd8NTkuNDgxODl8OC4yNzQ2NDQ=

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Was about to report this myself, but saw it reported here. I'll give a bit more details though:

1. Fishing in a POT (Virtue Oasis) will raise Fresh Water, Fetid Water, and Saltwater Fishing skills all at the same time.

2. This means that either the water there is tagged as all 3 types... or... 2 of the 3 skills are being skilled up while fishing in a different water type. Either way, this seems to be a bug.

Was really hoping this was working correctly as it would have been a great way to determine what water type you were fishing in.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It could be just like some of the other passive skills, like base blacksmithing gets leveled by salvaging, making, masterworking, repairing, or how train int goes up from auto attacking, or how your agriculture seed skill goes up from watering and harvesting.
    Do you really want to throw your gem fragment lures into lava with real crappy chances, or would you rather be able to level it up some before you go tossing the gem lures in? Its not like you have to fish with your rod any differently for different types of water.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

considering it is a bug report not feedback, since oyu ask YES these are not innate skills they are real skills and should only go up when the targeted skill is used. They should not all go up just because I am fishing it that is true there is no need to sub skills sinec they are irrelevant.

Wasting a Gem , waaaaa, if you do not want to raisk anything to gain a skill then don't.

Lastly there was supposed to be Lava rod also but that is too complicated, I guess.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

6. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There is an open JIRA on this - 63402

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.