Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] animate dead

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by eli, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eli

eli Avatar

1. I wander as an empty husk of an avatar.
    2. first time
    3. yes. can not res
    4. in reality, I was taking damage. On my screen, I had full health and was not under attack. I half-died and now wander as an empty husk of an avatar. Ankhs do not res, and the timeout goes negative and continues counting up from zero.

Another avatar sees this
    [​IMG]

but on my screen i am a ghost who needs a res.

There is no rescue from this scenario. When i was "dying" i was spamming heal spells, but they did no healing as my client believed i had full health.

I watched the entire process unfold on screens next to eachother as I was multiboxing. the 5 hits were spread out over about 25 seconds on the alt's screen, but on the affected avatar, it was instagib.

One factor which may have contributed is that I was in the middle of combat with these mobs when I formed the party between avatars. The alt invited the affected char who accepted the invite.

Another potential factor is both were pvp flagged.

5. I have not tried to reproduce, since it costs me XP to do so. I lost enough from this bug already.
    6. Affected avatar was in windows native client, alt was on MacOS steam client.

lastly, i assure you this is a real bug and not just me complaining about a lag spike. The un-resable animated corpse should be proof enough, and the fact that my resurrection timer is now -785

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, no need to try to repro. This could be a 'perfect storm' of events as it were, so this may be hard for us to repro ourselves. But we will research. Thanks for the info.
    What is the state of your character now? I'm assuming you eventually relogged. If you are still messed up in game private msg me on the forums when you are in game.
    What zone was this in? I'm curious because of the invite situation. Was your alt the one next to you in the same zone, or different zone?
    @eli

Lag may have attributed but I don't think it is the culprit. It wouldn't explain the ankh timer working backwards, ankhs not working, and other issues you experienced.
    Bug #: 47121

3. eli

eli Avatar

It was verdantis shardfall, and the avatars were standing right next to each other.

Switching mp modes brought me back to life.

Another possible contributing factor is that prior to forming the party, one of my avatars may have engaged the other with auto attack since they were right next to eachother.

4. Lexie

@eli Have you seen this issue again, since you first reported it?

5. eli

eli Avatar

@Lexie nope!

I haven't tried to repro though. I'll do some experiments now that we get xp to make up for decay.

6. Lexie

Reproing death is not something I recommend :/
    No worries. I just wanted to make sure.
    @eli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.