Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] BEAST Liches in Etceter Craig Mines!!!

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Malimn, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

There are two Lichs there one is the normal guy and a KILLER lich that has over 12k Hit points... Chris was supposed to remove this and it is still there... HELP AUNTIE EM!

Thanks,

Malimn

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I think @Sannio Was going to remove this? We'll get it fixed in a patch.

kaeshiva, Sentinel2 and Jaesun like this.
  3. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Thank you Sir :)

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Previously, there were several spots where the Aether Lichs could spawn within Etceter Crag Mines. One was in the "lich room" and the others were scattered around, mostly in the mining tunnels and in the hidden caves. Having the Aether Lich spawn in so many "blind alleys" ended up being too much of a hardship for adventurers, especially miners who needed to go into every nook and cranny for their livelihoods, so we removed all the Ather Lich spawn locations except for the one in the lich room.

Tila Tenderfoot and Jaesun like this.
  5. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

And the one in the lich room is blocking access to 50% of the gold ore in the crag mines.

This is a ridiculous and highly annoying decision to put such a mob into a solo-player mine. It's already a pain in the ass to collect enough gold ore for personal use, you have really no idea how much this angers me !

kaeshiva likes this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

So to balance removing gold ore from Elysium it was added to level 4 beneath the lich room. Then we protect it with a Torc smashing lich?

O_O

kaeshiva likes this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, the majority of the gold ore is DOWNSTAIRS right under the unkillable-by-99%-of-players Lich.
    These ores were put in to compensate for gold ore being removed from Elysium mines and they are now, effectively, INACCESSIBLE.

Mining is a solo activity. Its unreasonable to expect to bring a group down to (try) and kill a boss that can 1-shot players well over level 110 just to access the gold nodes. Not to mention the now impossibility of doing the summon lich quest. @Sannio I strongly urge you to reconsider having this in what is a predominantly solo scene and the only real viable gold mine in the game after the Ely changes. At the very least, put it somewhere else - pick a room, there's no shortage of breakable walls. Hell, even leave it in the lich room behind the breakable wall - and people who are going to the mine to you know, MINE, (right?) just wont break that one. Anywhere but blocking the 4th floor access.

The problem isn't just the 4th floor, although that's the biggest issue - but losing the ores in the lich room and use of that room to travel the mine makes the whole etceter mines endeavour considerably more tedious. Its just a bad idea all around to cut off that room.

Especially since we were already told that this was going to be removed..in this very thread, even.....this just feels like a face slap.

Darkstarr's post saying this was REMOVED from the mine:
    Aether Liches

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

DON'T PANIC! :) We're reasonable people! We understand that sometimes a design choice seems reasonable on paper but in practice doesn't work. So, we devs talked it over and have decided to remove the Aether Lich from the lich room. This means there won't be any Aether Liches in Etceter Crag Mines. (The original lower-tier liches will still be there.)

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Thank you, Sannio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.