Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Blacksmith Masterwork: Glancing Blow Power and Duration removing incorrect durability amount

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Viper_Venom, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Title: Blacksmith Masterwork: Glancing Blow Power and Duration removing incorrect durability amount
    Reproduction Rate: Always
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    If I blacksmith Masterwork and select "Glancing Blow Power and Duration" it is removing 10 durability from my items instead of 5. Please note the Greater version removes 8 durability as it shows in the tool tip. It's just the minor version that is supposed to remove 5 durability is actually removing 10. In these screen shots you can see the durability doesn't add up. It shows -5, -8 and -5. This equals -18 total, but it is taking -23 total. The other shows -5,-5,-5 but is taking -20 total.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce: Do Blacksmith Masterwork on Meteoric Iron Augemented Chain Boots and select Glancing Blow Power and Duration (-5 durability) and notice it removes 10 durability. I assume this affects other types of armor and material types, but this is the first time I noticed it, so I can't be certain. It's not exactly easy for me to test.

User Specs: N/A

Edit: I found my 2nd example and added that.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

As an update to this bug I noticed that I am actually selecting "Greater Glancing Blow Power and Duration", but when I view it, it's showing the regular Glancing Blow. Turns out the durability is correct, but it should be showing GREATER Glancing Blow. I don't know if it's just the tool tip showing wrong or if the stats are affected.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Good detective work, good details.
    We'll try to reproduce this. JIRA: 45918. Thanks!

4. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Can I get a bump on this? This bug still exists and in my opinion is a serious bug for crafters, especially when trying to sell their goods as it is displaying wrong and makes the item seem less valuable when someone is checking the stats to see if they want to buy it. It doesn't only happen with Glancing Blow. It's happening on other skills also. I'm not sure off the top of my head all of the skills it's happening to, but it's the skill bonus ones on defensive items from what I can tell. Skills like Glancing Blow, Defensive Stance, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.