Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Build 645 - PoT Bank NPC Building

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Description: I have a terrible time keeping vendors in the building.
    Reproduction rate: Unknown
    Blocker: No
    Details: When I try to put vendors on the second floor, they eventually end up sorting into the walls (both inside and outside) or actually getting stuck outside the building. Placing a banker inside the cage isn't a problem. It's placing any vendor on the second floor. I am pretty sure things get bollixed up under these conditions:

1. Place vendors on second floor.
    2. Leave deco mode on.
    3. Sometimes when trying to open the door, I get the *can't move the building with decorations/vendors inside* message. Please note - I am not holding the left cursor down trying to activate moving the building. I am just double-clicking on the door and sometimes getting the message.
    4. It seems that triggering the message with vendors inside the building is causing the problem. I just can't figure out why the game thinks I'm trying to move the building when I open the door with deco mode on.
    5. The problem is not seen immediately. It is usually seen after a log out, but it can also take a day to manifest.

---> For now, when I try to access the Bank, I make sure to turn off deco mode. I'll continue testing to see if it happens even with deco mode off.

Steps to Reproduce: See above, but hard to say. The above is how I've been duplicating it.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.645.Date.08.03.17
    Area: Serenity Isle (POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle)
    Loc: (20.1, 14.0, 15.2)
    DBG: UE9UX3N3YW1waXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFNlcmVuaXR5IElzbGV8KDIwLjA4NiwgMTQuMDAzLCAxNS4xNzcpfCgwLCAwLjcxOCwgMCwgMC42OTYpfC05ODguMjM3NHwyNy4yNDl8NC42MDk3NDM=

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I've had to move my npc vendors outside the buildings for months now. Standing on tables, getting stuck in walls or between buildings, or dying in the fireplaces.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Well that's a shame. So basically PoT NPC buildings are useless right now? If that's the case, *sadness*. I don't want my NPC's outside.

4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I wouldn't say useless. They just need a work around until they get some attention.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 49408, thank you.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i put the barn building up, locked a vendor in each stall, and gave them each a grey marble bench to sit on. that MOSTLY works.

Lexie and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Alley Oop It's a good thing we don't have social services in the game; they'd be showing up to do a welfare check on you!
    But that is hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.